Mar 20, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
The Knicks are getting a healthy body back — that itself almost feels like a miracle. Maybe the Knicks are shipping in the team drinking water from Lourdes.
Anthony missed a couple games with irritation in his knee, and when he tried to return and it was still stiff so he missed a few more games and had the fluid from his knee drained. He should be back close to 100 percent.
Which is good because the Knicks need their leading scorer. Right now Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Kurt Thomas are all out. Chandler could be back in a week or so from the bulging disc in his back, the other two may be out until around the start of the playoffs. The Knicks are an older, banged-up team right now.
The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and have slipped to the three seed in the East, just one game up on the four-seed nets and three up on the five- seed Hawks. (They are also one game back of the two-seed Pacers.) Mike Woodson needs to find a way to build some momentum for the playoffs while getting players healthy and rested. Good luck with that. But getting Anthony and his shot creation back in the lineup certainly helps.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48