Mar 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
NBA scouts have been watching NBA guys they may want to draft for a while now, attending practices and dissecting game tape. NBA fans, we put too much weight on the small sample size of the NCAA Tournament when forming our opinions, because we didn’t do all that background work.
Today at PBT Extra, Kay Adams and I talk about a few guys fans of NBA lottery bound teams may want to watch — such as shooting guards Ben McLeMore of Kansas and Shabazz Muhammad of UCLA. They likely both go in the top 5 come the draft. And then there are guys to watch because scouts are curious how they do against stiffer competition — Kelly Olynyk, the center from Gonzaga, is a key guy in that category. He owned the West Coast Conference, but what happens when he runs into guys just as big and maybe a little more athletic than him.
Finally we talk injured Kentucky center Nerlens Noel and what the ACL surgery and the Wildcat’s season means to his draft spot (not much, really).
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16