LeBron James knocks down game-winning jumper (VIDEO)

Mar 19, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT

All night long LeBron James had been a bull, putting his head down and charging to the rim, getting his buckets at the rim. Jeff Green put up a great effort, but he can’t stop LeBron alone (nobody can). LeBron is fast, strong and you have to respect his driving ability.

But then with the game on the line Green had to play far enough back on LeBron to take away that drive and so LeBron knocked down the 21-footer. That is your game winner. And when he can get that to fall and can drive… what can you do? It’s not fair.

The Heat have 23 wins in a row and they got that last win because of LeBron. He made the plays when it mattered and carried his team over the finish line.

1. themagicfanguy - Mar 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM

The Heat have 23 wins in a row and they got the win because of the refs*

Fixed.

• jt1138 - Mar 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

No, they won because they beat the Celtics. The refs helped Boston more than they did Miami.

• soopreme - Mar 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Definitely agree, some of those calls on Jeff Green were ticky-tacky.

• powerpc20 - Mar 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM

24 FTs for the C’s. 21 for the Heat. Yep, the refs helped Miami.

• miamatt - Mar 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

@themagicfanguys comments should come with an asterisk.

• heat256 - Mar 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Don’t worry brah. You can always take comfort in knowing your team has marquee players on it…oops. Well, maybe take comfort in the championships the Magic has won…oops. On second thought, whine like a baby. You got nothin’ else.

• pantsfreezone - Mar 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM

*You are dumb.

2. 1972wasalongtimeago - Mar 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM

With the first pick in the entire history of basketball’s all-time draft, God selects:

LeBron Ramone James, Miami Heat

• southbeachtalent - Mar 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Subsequently Satan yells “we get ball”..

3. canehouse - Mar 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Where is the video of Lebron committing homicide on Jason Terry… I can hear the bagpipes wailing Amazing Grace… My sincerest condolences to the player that was Jason Terry.

• robones - Mar 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

LMAO!!!! What he did to Terry is illegal in 72 countries.

• michaeljordanseviltwin - Mar 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM

R.I.P. JET

4. DonRSD - Mar 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM

LBJ IS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE.
    He is finally getting that MJ killer instinct (game 6 last year anyone) and the clutch ability.
    He is better than MJ at everything, at this point of their careers.

Just because YOU (and me) “grew up” with MJ and your childhood memories are the ones you always want to cherish & pass along – LBJ is going down as the GOAT.

I even told my 10 year old son last night “enjoy watching LeBron now, there won’t be another even close to him for another 20 years”.

I can’t get over how good LBJ is. Thank God he is on the Heat.
    LET’S GO HEAT!!!

5. HotHotHeat - Mar 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM

clutch

6. borderline1988 - Mar 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I love Lebron, but I don’t understand that little dance thing at the end. Can someone fill me in>

• jimmymarlinsfan - Mar 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

It’s called the shut the f$ck up Boston fans dance. Works well

What he did to Jason Terry requires no words on either side. The Jet crashed in mount James and the result was very pretty

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Mar 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Best reply ever

7. 1972wasalongtimeago - Mar 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Best part (well, one of the best parts$ was after the T, LeBron didn’t react at all. Like he was cool with it. Like it was worth it.

• canehouse - Mar 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Loved Lebron’s post game locker room comment when asked “did you see him”… to which Lebron responded… “Yeah I saw him, I guess he didn’t see me”.

Wonder if Terry will enter it into his stupid “Hello Kitty” diary…

8. kb2408 - Mar 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Who cares…they still won’t break the Lakers record.

9. lakerluver - Mar 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Wake me when the Heat break the LAKERS record…..ain’t happening.

• 808raiderinparadise - Mar 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Trolling 101 don’t show up on a HEAT article and spew jealously after losing to the suns LoL.

• ceschatz - Mar 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

You werent even alive to see that streak happen. Quit claiming something you were never a part of.

• miamatt - Mar 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Thank you ceschatz. Dude’s admitted that it was Magic Johnson who made him a laker fan.

I’m proud of the ’72 Dolphins- and yes I jumped for joy when the Pats fell flat on their faces- but I wasn’t trolling PFT at the time making say-nothing comments about a team I’ve only seen grainy highlights of.

And at least I was born and raised in the city of the teams I love.

10. hushbrother - Mar 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Cleveland fans, don’t hate on LBJ. Hate on your team’s owner who didn’t lock up his once-in-a-lifetime superstar to a mega contract before he hit free agency. He decided his team would be better off without LeBron James.

11. mybasses - Mar 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think we’ve heard the last of the jet!!!

12. xmos1234 - Mar 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Lebron James is too good and that should have no deserved a technical plus the ball was off green which should have been Miami possession I love Miami so much well done 23 wins which is also my fav number lebron did it for him and for me and for fans and for Michael Jordan

13. canehouse - Mar 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yeah wake me up when the Cavs win a title… Dan Gilbert’s tirade open letter after Lebron made his announcement proclaimed that the Cavs would win a title before Miami, and that he was putting a curse on our city… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

14. nard100 - Mar 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Loved the game from start to finish. The idea that the Celtics were up 17 and still lost the game was priceless. The dunk on Terry was PRICELESS.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches