Mar 19, 2013, 7:55 AM EST
All night long LeBron James had been a bull, putting his head down and charging to the rim, getting his buckets at the rim. Jeff Green put up a great effort, but he can’t stop LeBron alone (nobody can). LeBron is fast, strong and you have to respect his driving ability.
But then with the game on the line Green had to play far enough back on LeBron to take away that drive and so LeBron knocked down the 21-footer. That is your game winner. And when he can get that to fall and can drive… what can you do? It’s not fair.
The Heat have 23 wins in a row and they got that last win because of LeBron. He made the plays when it mattered and carried his team over the finish line.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8