Mar 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
LeBron James had one of the dunks of the year on Monday night (there are a lot of candidates this season), a huge throwdown over Jason Terry (the video is below). And by the way, credit to Terry for trying to make the play rather than just getting out of the way. But when you talk smack before the game sometimes things like this happen.
On his radio show Dan Patrick discussed “did LeBron deserve a technical for it?”
There certainly was a moment of Cassius Clay standing over Liston to it. But LeBron also didn’t do a quarterback sack dance or anything, either. He dunked, posed for a second and moved on. Is that worse than Terry doing a jet plane back up the court after a three? Niether of those are issues for me.
I like a little showmanship in the game, a little personality. If LeBron pulled a Sharpie out of his sock to autograph the ball, that’s a tech. What he did after the dunk didn’t bother me much, it seems much lesser stuff has gone unpenalized this season. But this is kind of an eye-of-the-beholder thing. Some people were pissed at what he did.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24