Mar 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
LeBron James had one of the dunks of the year on Monday night (there are a lot of candidates this season), a huge throwdown over Jason Terry (the video is below). And by the way, credit to Terry for trying to make the play rather than just getting out of the way. But when you talk smack before the game sometimes things like this happen.
On his radio show Dan Patrick discussed “did LeBron deserve a technical for it?”
There certainly was a moment of Cassius Clay standing over Liston to it. But LeBron also didn’t do a quarterback sack dance or anything, either. He dunked, posed for a second and moved on. Is that worse than Terry doing a jet plane back up the court after a three? Niether of those are issues for me.
I like a little showmanship in the game, a little personality. If LeBron pulled a Sharpie out of his sock to autograph the ball, that’s a tech. What he did after the dunk didn’t bother me much, it seems much lesser stuff has gone unpenalized this season. But this is kind of an eye-of-the-beholder thing. Some people were pissed at what he did.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 2
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 9
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 15
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35