Mar 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
LeBron James had one of the dunks of the year on Monday night (there are a lot of candidates this season), a huge throwdown over Jason Terry (the video is below). And by the way, credit to Terry for trying to make the play rather than just getting out of the way. But when you talk smack before the game sometimes things like this happen.
On his radio show Dan Patrick discussed “did LeBron deserve a technical for it?”
There certainly was a moment of Cassius Clay standing over Liston to it. But LeBron also didn’t do a quarterback sack dance or anything, either. He dunked, posed for a second and moved on. Is that worse than Terry doing a jet plane back up the court after a three? Niether of those are issues for me.
I like a little showmanship in the game, a little personality. If LeBron pulled a Sharpie out of his sock to autograph the ball, that’s a tech. What he did after the dunk didn’t bother me much, it seems much lesser stuff has gone unpenalized this season. But this is kind of an eye-of-the-beholder thing. Some people were pissed at what he did.
- Bobcats lose Jeffery Taylor for season with ruptured Achilles 0
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 12
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 26
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 11
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (71)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now (45)