Mar 19, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
The Lakers caught a break with the schedule this week.
Kobe Bryant was out of Monday night’s ugly Lakers loss due to a sprained ankle, but the team is off until Friday when they face Washington (in Los Angeles). Then they are off again until the next Monday.
So will Kobe Bryant play Friday or sit out and give his foot a whole week to rest? Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com asked coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Wizards are not a pushover right now — John Wall was just named NBA player of the week because his jump shot is falling, he averaged 24 points a game last week and the Wizards have won three in a row. (Since Wall returned around the same time as Nene, the Wizards are 18-15.)
Even so, at home that is a game the Lakers should be able to win at home without Kobe. The troubling thing about ankles is once they sprain they are more susceptible to re-injury until they heal. This isn’t just a matter of pain tolerance. Kobe has to be careful so this is not a chronic issue the rest of the season.
Still, it’s Kobe. Just expect him to play.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18