Mar 19, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
The Lakers caught a break with the schedule this week.
Kobe Bryant was out of Monday night’s ugly Lakers loss due to a sprained ankle, but the team is off until Friday when they face Washington (in Los Angeles). Then they are off again until the next Monday.
So will Kobe Bryant play Friday or sit out and give his foot a whole week to rest? Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com asked coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Wizards are not a pushover right now — John Wall was just named NBA player of the week because his jump shot is falling, he averaged 24 points a game last week and the Wizards have won three in a row. (Since Wall returned around the same time as Nene, the Wizards are 18-15.)
Even so, at home that is a game the Lakers should be able to win at home without Kobe. The troubling thing about ankles is once they sprain they are more susceptible to re-injury until they heal. This isn’t just a matter of pain tolerance. Kobe has to be careful so this is not a chronic issue the rest of the season.
Still, it’s Kobe. Just expect him to play.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 5
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 23
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17