Mar 19, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
White has appeared in four games for Boston this season, averaging 2.8 points and 1.5 rebounds in seven minutes of action per game. He did not appear in the Celtics’ close loss to the Heat on Tuesday — despite the absence of Kevin Garnett, Doc Rivers chose to go just eight deep into his rotation, with Chris Wilcox being the only big to get any minutes off the bench.
White has likely been added to the roster not to appear in games, but to be a solid and serviceable healthy body for the team to roll out during practices. Rivers wishes to give his veterans some extra rest in preparation for the run into the postseason, and having White around for the remainder of the season will allow him to do exactly that.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)