Mar 19, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
White has appeared in four games for Boston this season, averaging 2.8 points and 1.5 rebounds in seven minutes of action per game. He did not appear in the Celtics’ close loss to the Heat on Tuesday — despite the absence of Kevin Garnett, Doc Rivers chose to go just eight deep into his rotation, with Chris Wilcox being the only big to get any minutes off the bench.
White has likely been added to the roster not to appear in games, but to be a solid and serviceable healthy body for the team to roll out during practices. Rivers wishes to give his veterans some extra rest in preparation for the run into the postseason, and having White around for the remainder of the season will allow him to do exactly that.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 3
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 28
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 4
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 19
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19