Mar 19, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
White has appeared in four games for Boston this season, averaging 2.8 points and 1.5 rebounds in seven minutes of action per game. He did not appear in the Celtics’ close loss to the Heat on Tuesday — despite the absence of Kevin Garnett, Doc Rivers chose to go just eight deep into his rotation, with Chris Wilcox being the only big to get any minutes off the bench.
White has likely been added to the roster not to appear in games, but to be a solid and serviceable healthy body for the team to roll out during practices. Rivers wishes to give his veterans some extra rest in preparation for the run into the postseason, and having White around for the remainder of the season will allow him to do exactly that.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 12
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 22
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27