Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EST
It’s hard to tell exactly what happened from the video (below) — an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader dancing between quarters did a kick as part of the routine, he plant foot slips and she falls with her head hitting the floor.
The game was delayed briefly as she had to be carted off the court with a neck brace before being taken to hospital for further evaluation, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Her name is Kristin (last name not released) and Hawks coach Larry Drew said she is doing well.
“Our best wishes are with the cheerleader who had the incident on the court,” coach Larry Drew said to start his postgame press conference. “She is doing well, from what I’m told. We are hoping that she is OK and are keeping things in perspective.”
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14