Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
It’s hard to tell exactly what happened from the video (below) — an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader dancing between quarters did a kick as part of the routine, he plant foot slips and she falls with her head hitting the floor.
The game was delayed briefly as she had to be carted off the court with a neck brace before being taken to hospital for further evaluation, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Her name is Kristin (last name not released) and Hawks coach Larry Drew said she is doing well.
“Our best wishes are with the cheerleader who had the incident on the court,” coach Larry Drew said to start his postgame press conference. “She is doing well, from what I’m told. We are hoping that she is OK and are keeping things in perspective.”
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17