Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EST
It’s hard to tell exactly what happened from the video (below) — an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader dancing between quarters did a kick as part of the routine, he plant foot slips and she falls with her head hitting the floor.
The game was delayed briefly as she had to be carted off the court with a neck brace before being taken to hospital for further evaluation, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Her name is Kristin (last name not released) and Hawks coach Larry Drew said she is doing well.
“Our best wishes are with the cheerleader who had the incident on the court,” coach Larry Drew said to start his postgame press conference. “She is doing well, from what I’m told. We are hoping that she is OK and are keeping things in perspective.”
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 0
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 9
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 3
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 20
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25