Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EST
It’s hard to tell exactly what happened from the video (below) — an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader dancing between quarters did a kick as part of the routine, he plant foot slips and she falls with her head hitting the floor.
The game was delayed briefly as she had to be carted off the court with a neck brace before being taken to hospital for further evaluation, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Her name is Kristin (last name not released) and Hawks coach Larry Drew said she is doing well.
“Our best wishes are with the cheerleader who had the incident on the court,” coach Larry Drew said to start his postgame press conference. “She is doing well, from what I’m told. We are hoping that she is OK and are keeping things in perspective.”
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 2
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 21
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)