Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
It’s hard to tell exactly what happened from the video (below) — an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader dancing between quarters did a kick as part of the routine, he plant foot slips and she falls with her head hitting the floor.
The game was delayed briefly as she had to be carted off the court with a neck brace before being taken to hospital for further evaluation, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Her name is Kristin (last name not released) and Hawks coach Larry Drew said she is doing well.
“Our best wishes are with the cheerleader who had the incident on the court,” coach Larry Drew said to start his postgame press conference. “She is doing well, from what I’m told. We are hoping that she is OK and are keeping things in perspective.”
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50