Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Jul 25, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
George Karl is a better coach than Byron Scott
Jul 25, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Finally. Job has been vacant since April 30.
Jul 25, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Knicks’ record last season: 37-45
Melo’s contract value: $124,064,681
Jul 25, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Bulls also must make room for Nikola Mirotic in frontcourt
Jul 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki presents a big strike zone.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Former Bull and Piston sat out last season
Jul 25, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
New TV deal expected to drastically increase revenue
Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Not a Cleveland Cavaliers beat reporter. A LeBron James beat reporter.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Rookie big man has been mentioned in Kevin Love trade rumors
Jul 25, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Timberwolves reportedly come to their senses, prefer Andrew Wiggins to Klay Thompson
Jul 25, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
Francisco Garcia opted out of a veteran minimum deal, he will re-sign for a veteran minimum deal.
Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about”
Jul 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
It benefits CP3, the president of the players’ union, to talk tough on this issue.
Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Bonner is one of a few Spurs teammates taking the trophy on tour this summer.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Sixers continue their plan of seeking out delayed gratification.
Agency that reps Ray Allen says reports he intends to play for Cavaliers are ‘unfounded,’ no decision has been made
Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Despite reports that Allen was on the verge of signing with Cleveland, nothing has been decided just yet.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Blake Griffin joins Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge as players who are passing on Team USA this summer.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Team USA is bringing Kyrie Irving, Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, Derrick Rose and John Wall to camp. And that’s just at the point guard spot.
Jul 24, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The NBPA is up to something here
It’s official: Jameer Nelson signs with Mavericks, says: “I’m just preparing myself to make open shots.”
Jul 24, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Another solid signing for a Mavs team that has had a good offseason.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 8
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 25
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12