Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Mar 3, 2015, 5:08 PM EST
What kind of team are they trying to build.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:04 PM EST
The Kings retired his No. 21 jersey.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 PM EST
Irving has missed two straight games with a shoulder strain.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Shaw was an assistant coach in Indiana before landing the head coaching spot in Denver.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
Good news for OKC.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
Nuggets are 20-39 this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Barnes isn’t wrong that the punishment for him doing something like this would have been much more severe.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Clippers have a reputation with the referees, which likely was why Redick was tossed for seemingly innocuous comments.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
KG played for Doc Rivers on the Celtics’ 2008 title team, but wasn’t willing to take any grief from his son.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Warriors had plenty of fans show up in Brooklyn.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Suns-Heat was all kinds of physical.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
That had 10 times the punches of an NBA “fight.”
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Ricky Rubio got the triple-double, CP3 will take the win.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Goran Dragic would have sat out with back pain against anyone else, but he dropped 21 on the Suns.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:14 AM EST
Zach LaVine can get up. But you already knew that.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
The Warriors fell to 46-12.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Griffin has missed the Clippers’ last 10 games.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Whiteside grabbed Len by the legs.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Hamilton had no chance.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 0
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 11
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 23
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11