Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
May 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He played good defense in the conference finals, the numbers show.
May 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He’s the frontrunner right now.
Doc Rivers on report that Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan had a falling out: ‘I can put this to rest: They get along great’
May 30, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
It’s literally Rivers’ job to quash these types of rumors.
May 29, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Why should he?
May 29, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Sefolosha suffered a leg fracture during a police incident that kept him from participating in the playoffs.
May 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Would you pay $700 for two pairs of sneakers?
May 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Jeff Hornacek remains in charge, but there has been some shuffling among his assistants.
May 29, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
There are questions about the future of Josh Smith, Patrick Beverley and others with the team.
May 29, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
The two most popular players in the NBA this season (with Kevin Durant out) go head-to-head on the NBA’s biggest stage.
May 29, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
Cleveland’s defense has looked better in the playoffs than it has all season, but starting next Thursday it will get the biggest test it has had all season.
May 29, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
Skiles is a former Magic player from 1989 through 1994.
May 29, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Ayesha Curry cooks, Stephen Curry tastes, and Riley Curry points out raspberry-sauce spills
May 29, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Would hiring Thibodeau really a wise call by the Pelicans?
May 29, 2015, 3:09 PM EDT
The NBA needs to review this process going forward.
May 29, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Warriors guard passed, but not enough time had passed to determine his health
May 29, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Atlanta guard expected to miss 3-4 months
May 29, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Believable, but is that why it’s believed?
May 29, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
Varejao was slated to miss the entire season with an Achilles tear
May 29, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
NBA gives Rockets center a flagrant foul, rescinds technical fouls for him and Andrew Bogut
May 29, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Contract negotiations reportedly ongoing
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15