Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Jul 29, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
Manu Ginobili is a stud.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Kerr says Luke Walton is a future head coach in the NBA.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Toronto has shifted the roster to be more defensive, and be able to go smaller.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
Jimmy Kimmell is the best part.
Jul 29, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
Rex Kalamian and Andy Greer also join Dwane Casey’s staff
Jul 29, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Enter Andrei Kirilenko to save the day?
Jul 29, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Will anyone claim him?
Jul 29, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Cavaliers star has avoided making a public decision
Jul 29, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT
If Brazil qualifies through FIBA Americas Championship, that could close door for another North/South American team from qualifying
Jul 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Lakers were in a bad place when Jackson first stepped away
Jul 29, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Brooklyn owner praises Adam Silver for filling in
Jul 29, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Cavaliers star also addresses his favorites – including place to play, rapper, and teammates
Jul 29, 2015, 9:26 AM EDT
He’ll likely compete with Aaron Harrison to make regular-season roster
Jul 29, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
Cleveland’s Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith head the list.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Bounce passes are less effective in baseball.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
Cuban said presidential candidate is ‘probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long, long time’
Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Could former summer-league standout fill Golden State’s need for an off-the-bench shooter?
Jul 28, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
Hint, hint, hint
Jul 28, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Dallas also reportedly talking to Salah Mejri
Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
Thunder power forward was scheduled to play in African exhibition game
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17