Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Dec 20, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
An expletive was added for emphasis.
Dec 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
No contact on the perimeter, yea he’s up for that.
Dec 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Christmas Day slate of games is (mostly) stellar.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Dunk of the year by Johnson had Drummond throwing elbows.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Rivers saw this coming just four games into the season.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Lin understands why Bryant always gets the ball in these situations, but admits he’d like to get some opportunities.
Dec 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
As the Thunder ended up winning by one, 104-103, this block ended up being very important.
Dec 20, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
Lillard needs to get mentioned with the game’s top point guards.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:49 AM EST
Young earned this one and will get to write a check to the league.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Former NBA player now trying to make his way as a fighter.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
There are a whole host of reasons Rondo was traded; this is just the most convenient for Boston’s brass.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Nice gesture by the players.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
…pretty smoothly somehow
Dec 19, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Leonard was the Finals MVP for San Antonio last season.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Warriors coach has jokes
Dec 19, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
This is the smart move by the Thunder.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
It’s kind of moot now, but it’s not a surprise.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Lakers star: ‘If the opportunity came up, then that’s the time to have that discussion’
Dec 19, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Black-and-white version of Toronto’s new logo looks similar to Brooklyn’s
Dec 19, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
President wants to see more athletes take political stands
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31