Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Apr 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Adidas rolls the dice on a young guard with potential. Not a bad business plan.
Apr 17, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Both are likely first round picks in the teens or early 20s.
The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next
Apr 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
What affect will Jefferson have on the development of Kemba Walker, Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Cody Zeller?
Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Raptors fans are pumped for the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Can you blame them?
Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Ballots show a tight race
Apr 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
It really comes down to this: Does he trust Phil Jackson and Knicks management to build a winner quickly?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
You put your money where your heart is, and your heart clearly follows LeBron James and the Heat.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Bucks didn’t win back-to-back games all season
Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season
Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Kobe may be in France but he still had time to tweet Lakers fans and tell them things will be better next season.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
He is as high on some boards as No. 1, but likely goes No. 3. However no freshman near the top of this board will have a bigger immediate impact in the NBA — his offensive game is NBA ready.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
This both has been expected and is mutual, according to the buzz around the league.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Hill previously reported to be a candidate for a job
Apr 17, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Pistons forward: ‘I’ve censored myself’
Apr 17, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
Get ready for an intense playoff series
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Irving talks as if he wants to stay in Cleveland
Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Clear out your calendar.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tight 1-2 race
Apr 17, 2014, 2:10 AM EDT
On the season Kevin Durant averaged 32 points, seven rebounds and five assists a game. Not too shabby.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33