Mar 18, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love a good Guinness….
• We told you when it happened, to be fair we need to tell you when it went away. The paternity lawsuit filed in Georgia against Michael Jordan — where the woman demanded DNA tests and more to prove his Airness was the father — has been withdrawn. TMZ has the details. Of course.
TMZ has learned Pamela Smith has filed legal documents in Georgia asking the judge to dismiss her case against MJ — and her request was granted without prejudice (meaning she can refile at a later time if she wants to)….
Pamela’s attorney Randy Kessler tells TMZ … she dropped the case on his advice that “dismissal at this time, without prejudice, is in her son’s best interests.”
• A number of bloggers worked together to write a book on the “Linsanity” run in New York, and you can now get that as a digital download on your Kindle or iPad or whatever you are reading on now days. They also have the old-school book thing with paper and binding and ink.
• Warriors coach Mark Jackson is playing Jarrett Jack at the end of games over rookie Harrison Barnes. When Jackson was asked about it, he said “it’s the best lineup.” He’s right. The Warriors like to go with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Carl Landry out there. Add Harrison Barnes to that group and they are -2.1 per 100 possessions, make that Jarrett Jack and it is +3.3 per 100. Use the Andrew Bogut lineups (instead of Landry) and it is far more dramatic in Jack’s favor.
• It’s been overshadowed at times, but Kevin Durant is still on pace for some historic offensive numbers this season.
• The Wizards’ John Wall and the Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge are your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. Wall’s jump shot was falling and he averaged 24 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals a game, leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record on the week. Aldridge averaged 27 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game.
• Warriors coach Jackson and Parson Chandler had a little spat back-and-forth on twitter (“feud” isn’t the right words, so I’m going with “spat”).
Nov 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Bargnani was close to a return from his hamstring injury.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Pelicans are now without two starters.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Combination of a lower price tag and a more diverse overall skill set may explain why.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
When he uses his athleticism to get to the rim good things happen.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
“This is not even the lowest it’s going to get for us.” —LeBron James
Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
There was nothing the Utah Jazz could do.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Adam Silver has said it should happen, and Cuban agrees.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Leonard missed time with an eye infection.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Dunleavy says he was just trying to foul to stop the clock. Watch and decide for yourself.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
With him and starting power forward Terrence Jones out, the Rockets are very thin up front.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Detroit is next to last in field goal percentage on the season.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Toronto won by 42 points, so this only matters if you had a certain Milwaukee player on your fantasy team.
Nov 22, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Mike James or Will Bynum could be added to the roster for a short stint.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Bledsoe says the Sixers warned him before the game that he would be targeted for his previous comments.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
X-rays were negative but he is going to miss some time.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Both are expected to participate in parts of Saturday’s practice.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
George is trying to get back on the court before the season is finished.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:56 AM EST
I missed JaVale McGee last year.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
LeBron with a nice highlight package early in Friday’s contest against the Wizards.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 32
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8