Mar 18, 2013, 10:56 AM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers last four losses are to the Spurs, Thunder, Nuggets and Grizzlies. The teams they will have to beat in the playoffs. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.
In the first months of this season the Clippers looked like a title contender, right now that is simply not the case. Their defense in particular has not been good enough, DeAndre Jordan is not consistent enough on that end. And in the playoffs, when teams get a more focused game plan and the easy baskets — the highlight dunks — get taken away the Clippers offense will have to adjust as well.
Can they do that? Can Vinny Del Negro get them to do that?
“They can’t do it in the playoffs, so it doesn’t matter,” Martin said. “Regular season, it’s all up-and-down. We know how the game goes in the regular season.”
Martin didn’t want to elaborate, adding only, “I don’t care what they do, to be honest with you. I hope they lose every game.”
The second part there is telling. Martin is a bitter man toward the Clippers. They didn’t make any kind of what he considered a serious effort to bring him back and after that he spent most of the season on the sidelines waiting for an NBA call. Martin is not an objective observer of the Clippers.
That doesn’t mean he’s wrong. A whole lot of people are saying the same things about the Clippers right now.
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 0
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 7
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 8
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)