Mar 18, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
The Pacers need some offensive firepower. While their defense has taken a step back the past couple weeks, it’s still good and they can get that side of the ball on track. But the offense can’t take mid-game five minute siestas, as it tends to do.
Danny Granger — a healthy Danny Granger, not the guy from a couple weeks ago — could help with that.
Doctors have cleared him to return to practice, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Granger had knee surgery during training camp and did his rehab up until a couple weeks ago, when he tried to return. He wasn’t ready, couldn’t play more than a few minutes at a time and was ineffective when he did.
Now he’s back practicing, and while he could potentially play by the end of the week, coach Frank Vogel made it sound like next week is the more likely target.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 3
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3