Mar 18, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
The Pacers need some offensive firepower. While their defense has taken a step back the past couple weeks, it’s still good and they can get that side of the ball on track. But the offense can’t take mid-game five minute siestas, as it tends to do.
Danny Granger — a healthy Danny Granger, not the guy from a couple weeks ago — could help with that.
Doctors have cleared him to return to practice, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Granger had knee surgery during training camp and did his rehab up until a couple weeks ago, when he tried to return. He wasn’t ready, couldn’t play more than a few minutes at a time and was ineffective when he did.
Now he’s back practicing, and while he could potentially play by the end of the week, coach Frank Vogel made it sound like next week is the more likely target.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18