Mar 18, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
The Pacers need some offensive firepower. While their defense has taken a step back the past couple weeks, it’s still good and they can get that side of the ball on track. But the offense can’t take mid-game five minute siestas, as it tends to do.
Danny Granger — a healthy Danny Granger, not the guy from a couple weeks ago — could help with that.
Doctors have cleared him to return to practice, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Granger had knee surgery during training camp and did his rehab up until a couple weeks ago, when he tried to return. He wasn’t ready, couldn’t play more than a few minutes at a time and was ineffective when he did.
Now he’s back practicing, and while he could potentially play by the end of the week, coach Frank Vogel made it sound like next week is the more likely target.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 37
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17