Mar 18, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
The Pacers need some offensive firepower. While their defense has taken a step back the past couple weeks, it’s still good and they can get that side of the ball on track. But the offense can’t take mid-game five minute siestas, as it tends to do.
Danny Granger — a healthy Danny Granger, not the guy from a couple weeks ago — could help with that.
Doctors have cleared him to return to practice, tweets Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Danny Granger (knee) has been cleared to resume activities. He won't play this in the 4 games this week, but will practice this week.—
Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) March 18, 2013
Granger had knee surgery during training camp and did his rehab up until a couple weeks ago, when he tried to return. He wasn’t ready, couldn’t play more than a few minutes at a time and was ineffective when he did.
Now he’s back practicing, and while he could potentially play by the end of the week, coach Frank Vogel made it sound like next week is the more likely target.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43