Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Marc Gasol found himself without a shoe at one point during Saturday’s loss to the Jazz, but that didn’t stop him from trying to continue to play defense. Sort of.
Gasol lost his shoe after Derrick Favors stepped on his foot, but play continued on. One of Gasol’s teammates returned the shoe to him, but as Favors drove past Gasol on the other end, Gasol reached from behind and fouled Favors … with the shoe still in his hand.
The referees probably should have hit Gasol with a technical if nothing else, because in the grand scheme of things, we simply can’t have players using their shoes to play defense.
This was clearly done out of frustration on Gasol’s part, but seriously: Who does that?
[Video via Eye On Basketball]
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12