Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol found himself without a shoe at one point during Saturday’s loss to the Jazz, but that didn’t stop him from trying to continue to play defense. Sort of.
Gasol lost his shoe after Derrick Favors stepped on his foot, but play continued on. One of Gasol’s teammates returned the shoe to him, but as Favors drove past Gasol on the other end, Gasol reached from behind and fouled Favors … with the shoe still in his hand.
The referees probably should have hit Gasol with a technical if nothing else, because in the grand scheme of things, we simply can’t have players using their shoes to play defense.
This was clearly done out of frustration on Gasol’s part, but seriously: Who does that?
[Video via Eye On Basketball]
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17