Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol found himself without a shoe at one point during Saturday’s loss to the Jazz, but that didn’t stop him from trying to continue to play defense. Sort of.
Gasol lost his shoe after Derrick Favors stepped on his foot, but play continued on. One of Gasol’s teammates returned the shoe to him, but as Favors drove past Gasol on the other end, Gasol reached from behind and fouled Favors … with the shoe still in his hand.
The referees probably should have hit Gasol with a technical if nothing else, because in the grand scheme of things, we simply can’t have players using their shoes to play defense.
This was clearly done out of frustration on Gasol’s part, but seriously: Who does that?
[Video via Eye On Basketball]
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37