Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol found himself without a shoe at one point during Saturday’s loss to the Jazz, but that didn’t stop him from trying to continue to play defense. Sort of.
Gasol lost his shoe after Derrick Favors stepped on his foot, but play continued on. One of Gasol’s teammates returned the shoe to him, but as Favors drove past Gasol on the other end, Gasol reached from behind and fouled Favors … with the shoe still in his hand.
The referees probably should have hit Gasol with a technical if nothing else, because in the grand scheme of things, we simply can’t have players using their shoes to play defense.
This was clearly done out of frustration on Gasol’s part, but seriously: Who does that?
[Video via Eye On Basketball]
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61