Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Marc Gasol found himself without a shoe at one point during Saturday’s loss to the Jazz, but that didn’t stop him from trying to continue to play defense. Sort of.
Gasol lost his shoe after Derrick Favors stepped on his foot, but play continued on. One of Gasol’s teammates returned the shoe to him, but as Favors drove past Gasol on the other end, Gasol reached from behind and fouled Favors … with the shoe still in his hand.
The referees probably should have hit Gasol with a technical if nothing else, because in the grand scheme of things, we simply can’t have players using their shoes to play defense.
This was clearly done out of frustration on Gasol’s part, but seriously: Who does that?
[Video via Eye On Basketball]
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9