Mar 16, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett will miss Saturday night’s game against the Bobcats, and his status is uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Heat, according to multiple reporters present for the pregame media session with Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
The Celtics have considered giving Garnett games off over the final weeks of the regular season, but this is not rest related, according to coach Doc Rivers.
“Kevin’s not playing tonight — not because it’s a night off, he wasn’t moving well yesterday in practice or today [at shootaround]. So we’re sitting him.”
Rivers didn’t elaborate much on the issue and wasn’t certain of Garnett’s availability moving forward, including Monday’s visit from the East-leading Miami Heat.
“I don’t know,” said Rivers. “Honestly, I haven’t looked that far ahead. I have no idea.”
The team is calling the injury a left adductor strain (which is in the hip/groin area), and Garnett is officially being listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett’s place on Saturday.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43