Mar 16, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett will miss Saturday night’s game against the Bobcats, and his status is uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Heat, according to multiple reporters present for the pregame media session with Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
The Celtics have considered giving Garnett games off over the final weeks of the regular season, but this is not rest related, according to coach Doc Rivers.
“Kevin’s not playing tonight — not because it’s a night off, he wasn’t moving well yesterday in practice or today [at shootaround]. So we’re sitting him.”
Rivers didn’t elaborate much on the issue and wasn’t certain of Garnett’s availability moving forward, including Monday’s visit from the East-leading Miami Heat.
“I don’t know,” said Rivers. “Honestly, I haven’t looked that far ahead. I have no idea.”
The team is calling the injury a left adductor strain (which is in the hip/groin area), and Garnett is officially being listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett’s place on Saturday.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6