Mar 16, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
Kevin Garnett will miss Saturday night’s game against the Bobcats, and his status is uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Heat, according to multiple reporters present for the pregame media session with Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
The Celtics have considered giving Garnett games off over the final weeks of the regular season, but this is not rest related, according to coach Doc Rivers.
“Kevin’s not playing tonight — not because it’s a night off, he wasn’t moving well yesterday in practice or today [at shootaround]. So we’re sitting him.”
Rivers didn’t elaborate much on the issue and wasn’t certain of Garnett’s availability moving forward, including Monday’s visit from the East-leading Miami Heat.
“I don’t know,” said Rivers. “Honestly, I haven’t looked that far ahead. I have no idea.”
The team is calling the injury a left adductor strain (which is in the hip/groin area), and Garnett is officially being listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett’s place on Saturday.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19