Mar 16, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
Kevin Garnett will miss Saturday night’s game against the Bobcats, and his status is uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Heat, according to multiple reporters present for the pregame media session with Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
The Celtics have considered giving Garnett games off over the final weeks of the regular season, but this is not rest related, according to coach Doc Rivers.
“Kevin’s not playing tonight — not because it’s a night off, he wasn’t moving well yesterday in practice or today [at shootaround]. So we’re sitting him.”
Rivers didn’t elaborate much on the issue and wasn’t certain of Garnett’s availability moving forward, including Monday’s visit from the East-leading Miami Heat.
“I don’t know,” said Rivers. “Honestly, I haven’t looked that far ahead. I have no idea.”
The team is calling the injury a left adductor strain (which is in the hip/groin area), and Garnett is officially being listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett’s place on Saturday.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8