Mar 16, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett will miss Saturday night’s game against the Bobcats, and his status is uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Heat, according to multiple reporters present for the pregame media session with Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
The Celtics have considered giving Garnett games off over the final weeks of the regular season, but this is not rest related, according to coach Doc Rivers.
“Kevin’s not playing tonight — not because it’s a night off, he wasn’t moving well yesterday in practice or today [at shootaround]. So we’re sitting him.”
Rivers didn’t elaborate much on the issue and wasn’t certain of Garnett’s availability moving forward, including Monday’s visit from the East-leading Miami Heat.
“I don’t know,” said Rivers. “Honestly, I haven’t looked that far ahead. I have no idea.”
The team is calling the injury a left adductor strain (which is in the hip/groin area), and Garnett is officially being listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett’s place on Saturday.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48