Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Sanders found himself being kicked out of his second straight game on Friday, after arguing a foul call late in the Bucks’ loss to the Heat.
The play in question was absolutely a foul on Sanders, so it’s tough to envision him arguing his case over that specific call. Often times players will use a stoppage to let the officials know of a series of things that haven’t gone their way throughout the course of the game, but this time, Sanders’ choice of words once again got him tossed.
Bucks head coach Jim Boylan wasn’t amused by Sanders’ actions, and said afterward he’d be having a sit-down with his player to try to get him to reel things in.
Boylan said there would be a serious discussion with Sanders about his on-court behavior.
“You’re a professional athlete, and you have to behave like a professional,” Boylan said. “The referees don’t come in here with an agenda, for the most part. They come in here and ref the game.
“I know all those guys. It doesn’t mean you can’t have an argument or a disagreement with one of them. That happens in the heat of the game. We’ll talk with Larry. Like I’ve said to Larry before, I don’t mind him playing with emotion as long as it doesn’t hurt the team.
“Getting ejected from two games in a row, it’s not good for our team and it’s not good for Larry.”
Sanders has been after the officials all year long. He’s tied with three other players for sixth in the league in technical fouls with 11, just one behind the likes of J.R. Smith, Kendrick Perkins, and DeMarcus Cousins, who each have 12 technicals so far this season.
Sanders has improved dramatically on the court in this, his third season in the league. It would be a shame for him to get a Cousins-like reputation with the referees, so hopefully the message gets through sooner rather than later.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 6
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 19
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15