After first quarter hit to the head, Dwyane Wade had to pass a concussion test to return against Bucks (VIDEO)
Mar 16, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
It was a scary moment in the early stages of the Heat’s 21st consecutive victory in Milawaukee on Friday, when Dwyane Wade took a hit to the head from the hip of Larry Sanders that sent him to the floor.
Wade stayed down for a while, before eventually leaving to head to the locker room for further evaluation. He eventually returned, and finished with 20 points, seven rebounds, and nine assists in Miami’s 107-94 win over the Bucks.
It took some doing for Wade to get back out there, however. He said afterward he experienced numbness in his hands after the fall, and had to pass a concussion test before returning to action.
“When I watched it… I saw (Larry Sanders’) hip hit me in the head and I went down fast,’’ Wade said. “The doctors made sure I was fine. They did a concussion test.
“The toughest part of it is I put my hands (down and they) took most of it. So my hands were numb for a while. But (doctors) made sure I stayed back until everything came back and I was able to feel everything with what they were doing and I was able to get back on the court.”
Scary stuff, but as difficult as it may be to believe, these guys are used to dealing with issues like these. As long as they get medical clearance to play, they’re going to do just that — look no further than Kobe Bryant‘s return to the court against the Pacers on Friday if you’re looking for additional validation.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20