After first quarter hit to the head, Dwyane Wade had to pass a concussion test to return against Bucks (VIDEO)
Mar 16, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
It was a scary moment in the early stages of the Heat’s 21st consecutive victory in Milawaukee on Friday, when Dwyane Wade took a hit to the head from the hip of Larry Sanders that sent him to the floor.
Wade stayed down for a while, before eventually leaving to head to the locker room for further evaluation. He eventually returned, and finished with 20 points, seven rebounds, and nine assists in Miami’s 107-94 win over the Bucks.
It took some doing for Wade to get back out there, however. He said afterward he experienced numbness in his hands after the fall, and had to pass a concussion test before returning to action.
“When I watched it… I saw (Larry Sanders’) hip hit me in the head and I went down fast,’’ Wade said. “The doctors made sure I was fine. They did a concussion test.
“The toughest part of it is I put my hands (down and they) took most of it. So my hands were numb for a while. But (doctors) made sure I stayed back until everything came back and I was able to feel everything with what they were doing and I was able to get back on the court.”
Scary stuff, but as difficult as it may be to believe, these guys are used to dealing with issues like these. As long as they get medical clearance to play, they’re going to do just that — look no further than Kobe Bryant‘s return to the court against the Pacers on Friday if you’re looking for additional validation.
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 0
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 42
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60