Mar 15, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Tim Duncan is having a resurgent year — 16.6 points and 9.6 rebounds a game with a PER of 23.9. More importantly, he is anchoring a defense that is back to being top three in the NBA, which is why the Spurs are more of a contender now than they have been the past couple seasons.
The Mavericks knew all that going in but couldn’t stop him as he dropped 28 points and 19 rebounds on them. It was a throwback game in a throwback season for Duncan, and above you can see some of the key highlights.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11