Mar 15, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Tim Duncan is having a resurgent year — 16.6 points and 9.6 rebounds a game with a PER of 23.9. More importantly, he is anchoring a defense that is back to being top three in the NBA, which is why the Spurs are more of a contender now than they have been the past couple seasons.
The Mavericks knew all that going in but couldn’t stop him as he dropped 28 points and 19 rebounds on them. It was a throwback game in a throwback season for Duncan, and above you can see some of the key highlights.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15