Mar 15, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Tim Duncan is having a resurgent year — 16.6 points and 9.6 rebounds a game with a PER of 23.9. More importantly, he is anchoring a defense that is back to being top three in the NBA, which is why the Spurs are more of a contender now than they have been the past couple seasons.
The Mavericks knew all that going in but couldn’t stop him as he dropped 28 points and 19 rebounds on them. It was a throwback game in a throwback season for Duncan, and above you can see some of the key highlights.
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14