Mar 15, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Tim Duncan is having a resurgent year — 16.6 points and 9.6 rebounds a game with a PER of 23.9. More importantly, he is anchoring a defense that is back to being top three in the NBA, which is why the Spurs are more of a contender now than they have been the past couple seasons.
The Mavericks knew all that going in but couldn’t stop him as he dropped 28 points and 19 rebounds on them. It was a throwback game in a throwback season for Duncan, and above you can see some of the key highlights.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14