Mar 15, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I discuss Thursday night’s games, which included a throwback performance from Tim Duncan to lead the Spurs past the Mavericks, and a big night from Damian Lillard to get the Blazers a win over the shorthanded Knicks.
We then discuss the injury situation surrounding New York, and just how much damage can be done to the Knicks’ place in the standings if Carmelo Anthony is forced to miss extended time with that knee injury.
The topic of Kobe Bryant and the ankle injury he suffered at the hands of Dahntay Jones was addressed, and we looked at the Lakers’ upcoming schedule to see if it might make sense for Bryant to sit for a few games, even if his storied ability to play through things like this may actually allow him back on the court a little sooner.
We also discuss Derrick Rose and his eventual return, which seems to be getting closer based on the choice of words Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has been using when discussing his status. Finally, we wrap it up with a look at the Heat’s current 20-game win streak.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33