Mar 15, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I discuss Thursday night’s games, which included a throwback performance from Tim Duncan to lead the Spurs past the Mavericks, and a big night from Damian Lillard to get the Blazers a win over the shorthanded Knicks.
We then discuss the injury situation surrounding New York, and just how much damage can be done to the Knicks’ place in the standings if Carmelo Anthony is forced to miss extended time with that knee injury.
The topic of Kobe Bryant and the ankle injury he suffered at the hands of Dahntay Jones was addressed, and we looked at the Lakers’ upcoming schedule to see if it might make sense for Bryant to sit for a few games, even if his storied ability to play through things like this may actually allow him back on the court a little sooner.
We also discuss Derrick Rose and his eventual return, which seems to be getting closer based on the choice of words Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has been using when discussing his status. Finally, we wrap it up with a look at the Heat’s current 20-game win streak.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 17
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 37
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 13
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33