Mar 15, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
It must be a rather surreal experience to watch a documentary about yourself.
It’s never going to happen to me, so I’m going to take Jeremy Lin’s word for it.
There is a “Linsanity” documentary out and it was shown at South by Southwest in Austin, which isn’t terribly far from Houston so Lin went in to see it. Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com asked him about it.
“It was just good where you could just appreciate everything that happened,” Lin said. “God has been really good to me and he’s blessed me with a lot, so that was kind of surreal to be able to take a step back and be like, ‘Wow, that stuff actually happened to me.’]
“Just watching myself talk about the breakout game (February 4, 2012 against the Nets, when he scored 25 points) and all the things that had to happen and all the things that, you know, obstacles that my family had to overcome to get to that point. It was pretty emotional.”
You may not have heard about the “Linsanity” documentary but movie buffs have — it showed at Sundance. Lin was supposed to see it there but the Rockets flight into the area had been delayed.
The reason you take a film to all these festivals — outside of getting to go to some pretty swanky parties — is to find a distribution deal for the movie. Apparently that is going to happen soon. Which means you likely soon can stream the movie off Netflix Which is pretty much how you watch documentaries anyway, admit it.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13