Mar 15, 2013, 10:44 AM EST
It must be a rather surreal experience to watch a documentary about yourself.
It’s never going to happen to me, so I’m going to take Jeremy Lin’s word for it.
There is a “Linsanity” documentary out and it was shown at South by Southwest in Austin, which isn’t terribly far from Houston so Lin went in to see it. Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com asked him about it.
“It was just good where you could just appreciate everything that happened,” Lin said. “God has been really good to me and he’s blessed me with a lot, so that was kind of surreal to be able to take a step back and be like, ‘Wow, that stuff actually happened to me.’]
“Just watching myself talk about the breakout game (February 4, 2012 against the Nets, when he scored 25 points) and all the things that had to happen and all the things that, you know, obstacles that my family had to overcome to get to that point. It was pretty emotional.”
You may not have heard about the “Linsanity” documentary but movie buffs have — it showed at Sundance. Lin was supposed to see it there but the Rockets flight into the area had been delayed.
The reason you take a film to all these festivals — outside of getting to go to some pretty swanky parties — is to find a distribution deal for the movie. Apparently that is going to happen soon. Which means you likely soon can stream the movie off Netflix Which is pretty much how you watch documentaries anyway, admit it.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)