Lin on Linsanity documentary: “Wow, that stuff actually happened to me”

Mar 15, 2013, 10:44 AM EST

Jeremy Lin, Darren Collison AP

It must be a rather surreal experience to watch a documentary about yourself.

It’s never going to happen to me, so I’m going to take Jeremy Lin’s word for it.

There is a “Linsanity” documentary out and it was shown at South by Southwest in Austin, which isn’t terribly far from Houston so Lin went in to see it. Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com asked him about it.

“It was just good where you could just appreciate everything that happened,” Lin said. “God has been really good to me and he’s blessed me with a lot, so that was kind of surreal to be able to take a step back and be like, ‘Wow, that stuff actually happened to me.’]

“Just watching myself talk about the breakout game (February 4, 2012 against the Nets, when he scored 25 points) and all the things that had to happen and all the things that, you know, obstacles that my family had to overcome to get to that point. It was pretty emotional.”

You may not have heard about the “Linsanity” documentary but movie buffs have — it showed at Sundance. Lin was supposed to see it there but the Rockets flight into the area had been delayed.

The reason you take a film to all these festivals — outside of getting to go to some pretty swanky parties — is to find a distribution deal for the movie. Apparently that is going to happen soon. Which means you likely soon can stream the movie off Netflix Which is pretty much how you watch documentaries anyway, admit it.

1. Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM

With each passing day this kid becomes more and more annoying. Alex Rodriguez annoying.

• limonadamas - Mar 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM

On what basis? Just curious. In my estimation, those two couldn’t be more different… on pretty much every level.

I’m glad for Lin’s sake that he’s out of the perpetual media circus and has time and space to keep getting better. He’s definitely a starting caliber PG in league, which is pretty amazing company.

2. money2long - Mar 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM

thumbs up if you view lin as a capable starting nba point guard.
    thumbs down if you don’t.

• broncobeta - Mar 15, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I don’t think anyone is judging him on the “capable” level anymore. He’s proven that he’s more than capable. It’s whether he can tap back into “Linsanity” mode.

• money2long - Mar 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM

well, i didn’t just say capable and leave it there. i said capable, starting, point guard. as in, how one views a starting caliber point guard at the nba level, not just someone “capable” of playing point guard at the nba level. is lin worthy of being viewed as a consistent, authentic, starting level point guard. i was gauging people’s feelings in regard to whether lin is in that category.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches