Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Thursday night Kenyon Martin was a starter for the Knicks, playing better than 30 minutes and scoring 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Not bad for a guy on a 10-day tryout contract.
That ends Friday — Martin’s second 10-day contract is up and the Knicks will make it official and sign him for the rest of the season, according to multiple reports out of New York. And common sense.
The Knicks Thursday were without Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, all due to a variety of knee problems. New York is thin along the front line and Martin has stepped up to play solidly for them (he is shooting 53.6 percent).
This is a no-brainer. We’re all just waiting for it to become official.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7