Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Thursday night Kenyon Martin was a starter for the Knicks, playing better than 30 minutes and scoring 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Not bad for a guy on a 10-day tryout contract.
That ends Friday — Martin’s second 10-day contract is up and the Knicks will make it official and sign him for the rest of the season, according to multiple reports out of New York. And common sense.
The Knicks Thursday were without Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, all due to a variety of knee problems. New York is thin along the front line and Martin has stepped up to play solidly for them (he is shooting 53.6 percent).
This is a no-brainer. We’re all just waiting for it to become official.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10