Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Thursday night Kenyon Martin was a starter for the Knicks, playing better than 30 minutes and scoring 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Not bad for a guy on a 10-day tryout contract.
That ends Friday — Martin’s second 10-day contract is up and the Knicks will make it official and sign him for the rest of the season, according to multiple reports out of New York. And common sense.
The Knicks Thursday were without Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, all due to a variety of knee problems. New York is thin along the front line and Martin has stepped up to play solidly for them (he is shooting 53.6 percent).
This is a no-brainer. We’re all just waiting for it to become official.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29