Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Thursday night Kenyon Martin was a starter for the Knicks, playing better than 30 minutes and scoring 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Not bad for a guy on a 10-day tryout contract.
That ends Friday — Martin’s second 10-day contract is up and the Knicks will make it official and sign him for the rest of the season, according to multiple reports out of New York. And common sense.
The Knicks Thursday were without Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, all due to a variety of knee problems. New York is thin along the front line and Martin has stepped up to play solidly for them (he is shooting 53.6 percent).
This is a no-brainer. We’re all just waiting for it to become official.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)