Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Thursday night Kenyon Martin was a starter for the Knicks, playing better than 30 minutes and scoring 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Not bad for a guy on a 10-day tryout contract.
That ends Friday — Martin’s second 10-day contract is up and the Knicks will make it official and sign him for the rest of the season, according to multiple reports out of New York. And common sense.
The Knicks Thursday were without Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, all due to a variety of knee problems. New York is thin along the front line and Martin has stepped up to play solidly for them (he is shooting 53.6 percent).
This is a no-brainer. We’re all just waiting for it to become official.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48