Mar 15, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
Zaza Pachulia has missed six straight games due to a sore right Achilles. Which isn’t good.
But what is a bigger concern is that he just went and saw his third doctor about it, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. As a general rule, when you have to see three doctors about something it’s not a good sign.
Pachulia sought a third medical opinion on the issue Wednesday regarding what the team has deemed a serious concern. The center has missed 12 of the past 23 games with the injury.
While the Hawks have the Josh Smith, Al Horford combo up front the talent drops off a cliff after those two. Pachulia gave Atlanta 5.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and 21 solid minutes a night behind those stars.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 7
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 13
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)