Mar 15, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Zaza Pachulia has missed six straight games due to a sore right Achilles. Which isn’t good.
But what is a bigger concern is that he just went and saw his third doctor about it, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. As a general rule, when you have to see three doctors about something it’s not a good sign.
Pachulia sought a third medical opinion on the issue Wednesday regarding what the team has deemed a serious concern. The center has missed 12 of the past 23 games with the injury.
While the Hawks have the Josh Smith, Al Horford combo up front the talent drops off a cliff after those two. Pachulia gave Atlanta 5.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and 21 solid minutes a night behind those stars.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14