Mar 15, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Zaza Pachulia has missed six straight games due to a sore right Achilles. Which isn’t good.
But what is a bigger concern is that he just went and saw his third doctor about it, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. As a general rule, when you have to see three doctors about something it’s not a good sign.
Pachulia sought a third medical opinion on the issue Wednesday regarding what the team has deemed a serious concern. The center has missed 12 of the past 23 games with the injury.
While the Hawks have the Josh Smith, Al Horford combo up front the talent drops off a cliff after those two. Pachulia gave Atlanta 5.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and 21 solid minutes a night behind those stars.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2