Mar 15, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Zaza Pachulia has missed six straight games due to a sore right Achilles. Which isn’t good.
But what is a bigger concern is that he just went and saw his third doctor about it, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. As a general rule, when you have to see three doctors about something it’s not a good sign.
Pachulia sought a third medical opinion on the issue Wednesday regarding what the team has deemed a serious concern. The center has missed 12 of the past 23 games with the injury.
While the Hawks have the Josh Smith, Al Horford combo up front the talent drops off a cliff after those two. Pachulia gave Atlanta 5.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and 21 solid minutes a night behind those stars.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9