Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
There’s not a lot new here in terms of substance — the night Kobe Bryant went down with a sprained ankle and was saying it was a dirty play by Dahntay Jones, Jones was on twitter defending himself. Then Jones went on the radio and defended himself.
Friday he was on the Dan Patrick show saying the same thing. You can watch the video yourself.
The League came out and said this was a foul — and they are right, Jones didn’t give Kobe room to land. (That is different from saying it was intentional or dirty, I don’t believe it was.) But the league has to be more consistent about this call. This case got highlighted because it was Kobe, but we have seen a lot of this throughout the season and that call has consistently not been made. The league should make it a priority to make that call, but do it wisely — guys should have the right to contest, and I don’t want to see Dwyane Wade leaning in with his body on a shot then getting a call because he didn’t have room to land.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18