Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
There’s not a lot new here in terms of substance — the night Kobe Bryant went down with a sprained ankle and was saying it was a dirty play by Dahntay Jones, Jones was on twitter defending himself. Then Jones went on the radio and defended himself.
Friday he was on the Dan Patrick show saying the same thing. You can watch the video yourself.
The League came out and said this was a foul — and they are right, Jones didn’t give Kobe room to land. (That is different from saying it was intentional or dirty, I don’t believe it was.) But the league has to be more consistent about this call. This case got highlighted because it was Kobe, but we have seen a lot of this throughout the season and that call has consistently not been made. The league should make it a priority to make that call, but do it wisely — guys should have the right to contest, and I don’t want to see Dwyane Wade leaning in with his body on a shot then getting a call because he didn’t have room to land.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 1
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6