Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
There’s not a lot new here in terms of substance — the night Kobe Bryant went down with a sprained ankle and was saying it was a dirty play by Dahntay Jones, Jones was on twitter defending himself. Then Jones went on the radio and defended himself.
Friday he was on the Dan Patrick show saying the same thing. You can watch the video yourself.
The League came out and said this was a foul — and they are right, Jones didn’t give Kobe room to land. (That is different from saying it was intentional or dirty, I don’t believe it was.) But the league has to be more consistent about this call. This case got highlighted because it was Kobe, but we have seen a lot of this throughout the season and that call has consistently not been made. The league should make it a priority to make that call, but do it wisely — guys should have the right to contest, and I don’t want to see Dwyane Wade leaning in with his body on a shot then getting a call because he didn’t have room to land.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 23
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 55
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3