Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
There’s not a lot new here in terms of substance — the night Kobe Bryant went down with a sprained ankle and was saying it was a dirty play by Dahntay Jones, Jones was on twitter defending himself. Then Jones went on the radio and defended himself.
Friday he was on the Dan Patrick show saying the same thing. You can watch the video yourself.
The League came out and said this was a foul — and they are right, Jones didn’t give Kobe room to land. (That is different from saying it was intentional or dirty, I don’t believe it was.) But the league has to be more consistent about this call. This case got highlighted because it was Kobe, but we have seen a lot of this throughout the season and that call has consistently not been made. The league should make it a priority to make that call, but do it wisely — guys should have the right to contest, and I don’t want to see Dwyane Wade leaning in with his body on a shot then getting a call because he didn’t have room to land.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15