Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 PM EST
There’s not a lot new here in terms of substance — the night Kobe Bryant went down with a sprained ankle and was saying it was a dirty play by Dahntay Jones, Jones was on twitter defending himself. Then Jones went on the radio and defended himself.
Friday he was on the Dan Patrick show saying the same thing. You can watch the video yourself.
The League came out and said this was a foul — and they are right, Jones didn’t give Kobe room to land. (That is different from saying it was intentional or dirty, I don’t believe it was.) But the league has to be more consistent about this call. This case got highlighted because it was Kobe, but we have seen a lot of this throughout the season and that call has consistently not been made. The league should make it a priority to make that call, but do it wisely — guys should have the right to contest, and I don’t want to see Dwyane Wade leaning in with his body on a shot then getting a call because he didn’t have room to land.
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 0
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 36
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17