Mar 15, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
Trey Thompkins was a good second round gamble by the Clippers — a 6’10” forward out of Georgia with a world of potential as a guy who can play inside or out.
Except he never lived up to that potential as a rookie (he only played in 24 games) then never saw the court this season due to a bone bruise in his knee. So last week the Clippers cut him free.
That cleared up a roster space to add a little depth while Caron Butler’s elbow recovers, so the Clippers sighed DaJuan Summers. He’s the former Georgetown swingman who was with the Pistons for a couple seasons and the Hornets last season.
Summers may not be with the Clippers long term, but he gets a nice cup of Los Angeles coffee.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
This makes the Bulls a lot more dangerous come the playoffs.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:28 AM EST
The Cavaliers’ rim protection has been infinitely better since the arrival of Timofey Mozgov, but he wasn’t stopping Draymond Green on this one.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:44 AM EST
DeMar DeRozan says he’s right next to Lowry on this.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
And it’s got Tupac.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Westbrook had the numbers but Bledsoe was efficient.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He’s officially doubtful for Friday against the Pacers.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
You reach, Curry will teach.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
If you had any doubts about the Cavs, they answered them.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:15 AM EST
He was 86.
Feb 27, 2015, 12:55 AM EST
LeBron looked at Stephen Curry across the way and decided to make his own MVP statement.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:59 PM EST
Fancy footwork on display.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Rose will undergo surgery Friday morning.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Stoudemire has interest in a reunion.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Yes it’s a little late in coming, but it’s worth remembering what a quality player he was.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
“30 minutes with Marv Albert is enough.”
Feb 26, 2015, 6:31 PM EST
Doc Rivers the GM is doing Doc Rivers the coach wrong.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EST
He is having all or part of the meniscus removed, which makes for a faster recovery.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
While in theory he could return for a few games, in practice that’s not going to happen.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:14 PM EST
Good luck prying Cousins from Sacramento
Feb 26, 2015, 3:27 PM EST
He is weeks away from playing in a game.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13