Mar 15, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
Trey Thompkins was a good second round gamble by the Clippers — a 6’10” forward out of Georgia with a world of potential as a guy who can play inside or out.
Except he never lived up to that potential as a rookie (he only played in 24 games) then never saw the court this season due to a bone bruise in his knee. So last week the Clippers cut him free.
That cleared up a roster space to add a little depth while Caron Butler’s elbow recovers, so the Clippers sighed DaJuan Summers. He’s the former Georgetown swingman who was with the Pistons for a couple seasons and the Hornets last season.
Summers may not be with the Clippers long term, but he gets a nice cup of Los Angeles coffee.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14