Mar 15, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
Trey Thompkins was a good second round gamble by the Clippers — a 6’10” forward out of Georgia with a world of potential as a guy who can play inside or out.
Except he never lived up to that potential as a rookie (he only played in 24 games) then never saw the court this season due to a bone bruise in his knee. So last week the Clippers cut him free.
That cleared up a roster space to add a little depth while Caron Butler’s elbow recovers, so the Clippers sighed DaJuan Summers. He’s the former Georgetown swingman who was with the Pistons for a couple seasons and the Hornets last season.
Summers may not be with the Clippers long term, but he gets a nice cup of Los Angeles coffee.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28