Mar 14, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
J.J. Redick is a 90.5 percent free throw shooter this season — he does miss, just not very often.
But at the end of an already-decided game Wednesday night Redick drove and drew the foul. As he went to the line some Wizards fans started a “Red-ick Sucks” chant, as fans are prone to do (if he missed both it was free Chick Fil-A sandwiches for the crowd, apparently).
And Redick missed the first shot. Which brought cheers from the crowd and motions from Martell Webster to keep it going. Didn’t help, Redick drained the next one.
It was a little note on a little-noticed game, but it amused me. So we bring it to you.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49