Mar 14, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
J.J. Redick is a 90.5 percent free throw shooter this season — he does miss, just not very often.
But at the end of an already-decided game Wednesday night Redick drove and drew the foul. As he went to the line some Wizards fans started a “Red-ick Sucks” chant, as fans are prone to do (if he missed both it was free Chick Fil-A sandwiches for the crowd, apparently).
And Redick missed the first shot. Which brought cheers from the crowd and motions from Martell Webster to keep it going. Didn’t help, Redick drained the next one.
It was a little note on a little-noticed game, but it amused me. So we bring it to you.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12