Mar 14, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
J.J. Redick is a 90.5 percent free throw shooter this season — he does miss, just not very often.
But at the end of an already-decided game Wednesday night Redick drove and drew the foul. As he went to the line some Wizards fans started a “Red-ick Sucks” chant, as fans are prone to do (if he missed both it was free Chick Fil-A sandwiches for the crowd, apparently).
And Redick missed the first shot. Which brought cheers from the crowd and motions from Martell Webster to keep it going. Didn’t help, Redick drained the next one.
It was a little note on a little-noticed game, but it amused me. So we bring it to you.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48