Mar 14, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
J.J. Redick is a 90.5 percent free throw shooter this season — he does miss, just not very often.
But at the end of an already-decided game Wednesday night Redick drove and drew the foul. As he went to the line some Wizards fans started a “Red-ick Sucks” chant, as fans are prone to do (if he missed both it was free Chick Fil-A sandwiches for the crowd, apparently).
And Redick missed the first shot. Which brought cheers from the crowd and motions from Martell Webster to keep it going. Didn’t help, Redick drained the next one.
It was a little note on a little-noticed game, but it amused me. So we bring it to you.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 27
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)