Mar 14, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
J.J. Redick is a 90.5 percent free throw shooter this season — he does miss, just not very often.
But at the end of an already-decided game Wednesday night Redick drove and drew the foul. As he went to the line some Wizards fans started a “Red-ick Sucks” chant, as fans are prone to do (if he missed both it was free Chick Fil-A sandwiches for the crowd, apparently).
And Redick missed the first shot. Which brought cheers from the crowd and motions from Martell Webster to keep it going. Didn’t help, Redick drained the next one.
It was a little note on a little-noticed game, but it amused me. So we bring it to you.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11