Mar 14, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
The Knicks have some point guards on the roster — Raymond Felton starts and is solid at least and good many nights. Behind him are veterans Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni, two guys who play smart but are not exactly explosive shot creators anymore.
Which is why the Knicks are looking at bringing in another point guard to add some athleticism to an older bench. Yes, they could use depth up front more, but there are no impact big men on the free agent market, there are impact guards, however.
But to do that they have to buyout someone on the 15-man roster. And James White, you’re the guy, reports Jared Zwerling at ESPNNewYork.com.
But a source close to the Knicks said that if the team released or bought out a player — possibly James White as Woodson is too committed to Wallace — they would likely not sign a big….
The source said that point guard Delonte West makes the most sense for the Knicks. Also available is Sundiata Gaines, 26, who averaged 5.1 points, 2.2 assists and one steal in 14 minutes per game last season for the Nets, but he’s not regarded as highly in NBA circles.
West also is a disruptive force on teams — he player friendly Mavericks suspended him twice and let him go before the season. There’s a reason he’s still on the market and it’s not that he can’t play. But the Knicks have been pedestrian since their hot start and they need to change that dynamic around, and West may be able to do that in a way Gaines or the other guys on the market cannot.
If White is let go another team likely picks him up pretty quickly.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13