Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re talking NBA on Thursday you’re talking Kobe Bryant, his ankle and what it all could mean for the Lakers playoff chances. That’s where Kay Adams and I start our conversation. I think their chances of making the playoffs is still pretty good — not because the loss of Kobe doesn’t hurt them (their offense falls off a cliff without him) but because the Jazz have been so terrible lately.
As for the question of Dahntay Jones, I don’t think this was intentional, but the league needs to start being consistent about the calls on allowing jump shooters room to land. Kobe’s situation brings this to the forefront, but the issue has been ongoing and the league needs to either enforce the rule or stop issuing a “we’re sorry” statement after the fact.
The Lakers will enter the playoffs with no margin for error. The Memphis Grizzlies will enter the playoffs as a team nobody really wants to face.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30