Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re talking NBA on Thursday you’re talking Kobe Bryant, his ankle and what it all could mean for the Lakers playoff chances. That’s where Kay Adams and I start our conversation. I think their chances of making the playoffs is still pretty good — not because the loss of Kobe doesn’t hurt them (their offense falls off a cliff without him) but because the Jazz have been so terrible lately.
As for the question of Dahntay Jones, I don’t think this was intentional, but the league needs to start being consistent about the calls on allowing jump shooters room to land. Kobe’s situation brings this to the forefront, but the issue has been ongoing and the league needs to either enforce the rule or stop issuing a “we’re sorry” statement after the fact.
The Lakers will enter the playoffs with no margin for error. The Memphis Grizzlies will enter the playoffs as a team nobody really wants to face.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10