Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re talking NBA on Thursday you’re talking Kobe Bryant, his ankle and what it all could mean for the Lakers playoff chances. That’s where Kay Adams and I start our conversation. I think their chances of making the playoffs is still pretty good — not because the loss of Kobe doesn’t hurt them (their offense falls off a cliff without him) but because the Jazz have been so terrible lately.
As for the question of Dahntay Jones, I don’t think this was intentional, but the league needs to start being consistent about the calls on allowing jump shooters room to land. Kobe’s situation brings this to the forefront, but the issue has been ongoing and the league needs to either enforce the rule or stop issuing a “we’re sorry” statement after the fact.
The Lakers will enter the playoffs with no margin for error. The Memphis Grizzlies will enter the playoffs as a team nobody really wants to face.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18