Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re talking NBA on Thursday you’re talking Kobe Bryant, his ankle and what it all could mean for the Lakers playoff chances. That’s where Kay Adams and I start our conversation. I think their chances of making the playoffs is still pretty good — not because the loss of Kobe doesn’t hurt them (their offense falls off a cliff without him) but because the Jazz have been so terrible lately.
As for the question of Dahntay Jones, I don’t think this was intentional, but the league needs to start being consistent about the calls on allowing jump shooters room to land. Kobe’s situation brings this to the forefront, but the issue has been ongoing and the league needs to either enforce the rule or stop issuing a “we’re sorry” statement after the fact.
The Lakers will enter the playoffs with no margin for error. The Memphis Grizzlies will enter the playoffs as a team nobody really wants to face.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5