Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re talking NBA on Thursday you’re talking Kobe Bryant, his ankle and what it all could mean for the Lakers playoff chances. That’s where Kay Adams and I start our conversation. I think their chances of making the playoffs is still pretty good — not because the loss of Kobe doesn’t hurt them (their offense falls off a cliff without him) but because the Jazz have been so terrible lately.
As for the question of Dahntay Jones, I don’t think this was intentional, but the league needs to start being consistent about the calls on allowing jump shooters room to land. Kobe’s situation brings this to the forefront, but the issue has been ongoing and the league needs to either enforce the rule or stop issuing a “we’re sorry” statement after the fact.
The Lakers will enter the playoffs with no margin for error. The Memphis Grizzlies will enter the playoffs as a team nobody really wants to face.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29