Jrue Holiday dunks on LeBron James. Sort of. (VIDEO)

Mar 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EST

This was a key play for Philadelphia on Monday — it tied the Sixers and the Heat with less than 90 seconds in the game. (The rest of the game didn’t go the Sixers way.)

It all starts because Holiday is aggressive coming off the pick, while Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh do about the worst defensive trap imaginable. Holiday splits the and is off to the race on a straight-line path — there is nobody between him and the rim.

It’s LeBron James‘ job to rotate into position and stop this, but he is late with the recognition and by the time he makes his move all that can happen is he gets dunked on. Which Holiday is happy to do. It’s not a classic dunked-on, but it’s not bad.

1. goraidersgospurs - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM

what are you talking about (kurt) I seen LbJ chase guys down from behind & blocked them, from what I saw in that video Bron was dunked on!!!

2. anbesanegus - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Not so tough when the guy actually sees you coming huh bron bron lol

3. reesesteel23 - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

LOL I knew this article was coming. Weak.

4. circuscivics - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Helin is such a tool. Yes he dunked on him. No big deal. It happens to everyone in the NBA, if you play long enough. Just because he dunked on your man crush, Lebron, doesn’t mean you should marginalize it in the headline with “sort of”.

5. poohman1975 - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Sort of? Give Jrue some kind of credit, LeBron saw him coming and tried to get out of the way so he wouldn’t be poster material(in a bad way). MJ would have stopped that dunk…….

6. davidly - Mar 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM

The only reason it’s not a classic dunked-on is because James was late. So he still got faced.

Nevertheless, it’s looking more & more like the Heat are gonna run away with it this year. From where I sit, only the Spurs have got a chance to get four from them. I hope I’m wrong, and Indiana does it, but I gotta be realistic.

7. rayray5227 - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

LeBron is just a chase down artist. He isn’t much of a shot blocker.

• zeedoubleyou - Mar 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I remember Bron rejecting Ibaka in last year’s finals and serving Tyson Chandler his lunch a few Sundays back.

Those are two of the most imposing presences in the league…it’s not like wings are popping jumpers in his grill on a regular basis.

• Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Serving Chandler’s lunch? By grabbing his arm — a blatant foul — and getting away with it, while swatting the ball with the other arm? You people are embarrassing to the human race.

• rayray5227 - Mar 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I think you meant this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E_U4cBbDMo

And to your point, wings do pop jumpers on him. Its not like a basketball player wont take a jump shot on him just because he’s LeBron. All I’m saying is that LeBron is better and gets more chase down rejections than he does straight up rejections. I mean Kobe rejected Bron twice in 2 minutes but that doesnt mean Kobe is a great shot blocker lol.

8. miamatt - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Key word “sort of”. LeBron was late getting over and didn’t want to turn it into an and-1.

A great, great clutch play by Holiday, though. He’s a legit all-star.

9. tmatic74 - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Jrue dribbles off his foot to lose another game. Turnover machine in the clutch.

10. chicitybulls - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Sort of? Nah he was dunked on. Maybe it wasn’t body to body contact ala Kevin Johnson/Hakeem but he did challenge the dunk, jumped and got dunked on. If people wanna say that Starks dunked on Jordan then Jrue definitely dunked on Lebron. Give Jrue credit.

• paleihe - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I read your comment after I posted mine, but you are so right. I used the same Starks example.

11. paleihe - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Sort of? You can’t have it both ways.

Just to give a little perspective, everyone says John Starks dunked on Jordan. When you look at the play, Jordan wasn’t super close, but close enough and did actually jump. Jordan actually had to jump on Horace Grants back just to be close to the play.

Lebron jumped, swung with his left hand and missed. How is that “sort of” dunking on him?

12. scalfor3 - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Wonder if LeBron’s posse will confiscate all video evidence of this dunk

13. Mr. Wright 212 - Mar 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Always have to qualify something that paints the Heat in a negative light, then goes out of his way to issue subliminal backhanded compliments whenever the Lakers or Knicks do well in some regard.

14. davidly - Mar 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM

When I dunk a Nerf ball through a coat hanger hoop wedged into a door with a lifesize poster of LBJ on it, that’s “sort of” dunking on LeBron James.

Oh, gotta go. My mom’s calling me.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches