Mar 14, 2013, 1:55 AM EST
Knicks fans, we have some good news about one of your players knees.
And then some more worrying news.
But later Wednesday night came some good news, via the twitter of Frank Isola of the Daily News.
Chandler also was reportedly limping in the locker room after the game, so you may not want to bet on him playing Thursday in Portland. But it does not appear to be anything serious.
Carmelo Anthony‘s knee is more serious — he left this game not to return with what the Knicks amusingly called a “sore knee.” The Knicks unintentional comedy when describing injuries is one of the NBA’s funniest jokes.
But Anthony is not laughing. He had said that getting his knee drained was the “last resort” yesterday, but after the game Wednesday… take it away Howard Beck of the New York Times.
Anthony is on his way back to New York to get the procedure and is out for Thursday at least. We should add that fluid buildup only happens when something else is irritating the knee. This summer he likely will need to get his knee scoped to clean things up.
In the short term Anthony is likely to miss a few games. It is not impossible he will need to get it drained again if the Knicks make a deep run in the playoffs. But to do that they are going to have to get some knees healthy first and then find their missing defense.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7