Mar 14, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Knicks fans, we have some good news about one of your players knees.
And then some more worrying news.
But later Wednesday night came some good news, via the twitter of Frank Isola of the Daily News.
Chandler also was reportedly limping in the locker room after the game, so you may not want to bet on him playing Thursday in Portland. But it does not appear to be anything serious.
Carmelo Anthony‘s knee is more serious — he left this game not to return with what the Knicks amusingly called a “sore knee.” The Knicks unintentional comedy when describing injuries is one of the NBA’s funniest jokes.
But Anthony is not laughing. He had said that getting his knee drained was the “last resort” yesterday, but after the game Wednesday… take it away Howard Beck of the New York Times.
Anthony is on his way back to New York to get the procedure and is out for Thursday at least. We should add that fluid buildup only happens when something else is irritating the knee. This summer he likely will need to get his knee scoped to clean things up.
In the short term Anthony is likely to miss a few games. It is not impossible he will need to get it drained again if the Knicks make a deep run in the playoffs. But to do that they are going to have to get some knees healthy first and then find their missing defense.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18