Mar 14, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Knicks fans, we have some good news about one of your players knees.
And then some more worrying news.
But later Wednesday night came some good news, via the twitter of Frank Isola of the Daily News.
Chandler also was reportedly limping in the locker room after the game, so you may not want to bet on him playing Thursday in Portland. But it does not appear to be anything serious.
Carmelo Anthony‘s knee is more serious — he left this game not to return with what the Knicks amusingly called a “sore knee.” The Knicks unintentional comedy when describing injuries is one of the NBA’s funniest jokes.
But Anthony is not laughing. He had said that getting his knee drained was the “last resort” yesterday, but after the game Wednesday… take it away Howard Beck of the New York Times.
Anthony is on his way back to New York to get the procedure and is out for Thursday at least. We should add that fluid buildup only happens when something else is irritating the knee. This summer he likely will need to get his knee scoped to clean things up.
In the short term Anthony is likely to miss a few games. It is not impossible he will need to get it drained again if the Knicks make a deep run in the playoffs. But to do that they are going to have to get some knees healthy first and then find their missing defense.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31