Mar 14, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
From the team’s PR:
Carmelo Anthony had a soft tissue fluid collection of his posterior right knee aspirated today in NY. He is questionable for Sunday at LA.
— NY_KnicksPR (@NY_KnicksPR) March 14, 2013
Like seemingly everything surrounding the Knicks and their injured players, the team’s decisions end up creating more questions than answers.
The ones that immediately come to mind are, why didn’t the team drain the fluid initially to expedite Anthony’s return to the court instead of waiting, and then, why fly him back to New York to get this taken care of, when there are surely plenty of competent medical professionals on the West coast that just as easily could have performed this procedure.
We’ll never know, obviously, but all that matters to Knicks fans is that the treatment that will ultimately speed up Carmelo’s return to the court has finally been completed. Playing Sunday back in Los Angeles seems like a stretch, and an unnecessary risk given the fact that New York will only go as far as Anthony can take the team once the postseason begins. But we’ll see what happens.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 8
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 9
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 8
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (95)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay