Mar 13, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
While Carmelo Anthony is not going to be showered with rose petals and given boxes of chocolate Wednesday night when he returns to Denver, the venom for him there has tapered off with time. As Wednesday morning there were still tickets available — the game was not a sellout.
But talk to people in Portland, and they still have plenty of venom for Raymond Felton. And he’s going to hear about it Thursday night when he returns there.
Felton came to Portland in the Andre Miller trade before the lockout hit last season. And he was clearly one of the guys who didn’t think there was going to be a season because when deal was made and camps opened, he showed up heavy and out of shape. Portland was counting on him to be part of a pretty good team with Jamal Crawford (who also had an awful season) and LaMarcus Aldridge. Felton had a career-low PER of 13.4 (below the league average) and didn’t play anything like Knicks fans have seen in recent weeks.
Felton is going to hear about it from Blazers fans Thursday. He told Frank Isola of the Daily News he doesn’t care.
Every time future Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard makes a play on Felton, Blazers fans are going to erupt. The Rose Garden is a tough place to play most nights, especially on the second night of a back-to-back, but this one could be extra difficult for New York (especially if Anthony isn’t 100 percent).
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17