Mar 13, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
While Carmelo Anthony is not going to be showered with rose petals and given boxes of chocolate Wednesday night when he returns to Denver, the venom for him there has tapered off with time. As Wednesday morning there were still tickets available — the game was not a sellout.
But talk to people in Portland, and they still have plenty of venom for Raymond Felton. And he’s going to hear about it Thursday night when he returns there.
Felton came to Portland in the Andre Miller trade before the lockout hit last season. And he was clearly one of the guys who didn’t think there was going to be a season because when deal was made and camps opened, he showed up heavy and out of shape. Portland was counting on him to be part of a pretty good team with Jamal Crawford (who also had an awful season) and LaMarcus Aldridge. Felton had a career-low PER of 13.4 (below the league average) and didn’t play anything like Knicks fans have seen in recent weeks.
Felton is going to hear about it from Blazers fans Thursday. He told Frank Isola of the Daily News he doesn’t care.
Every time future Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard makes a play on Felton, Blazers fans are going to erupt. The Rose Garden is a tough place to play most nights, especially on the second night of a back-to-back, but this one could be extra difficult for New York (especially if Anthony isn’t 100 percent).
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 20
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8