Mar 13, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
While Carmelo Anthony is not going to be showered with rose petals and given boxes of chocolate Wednesday night when he returns to Denver, the venom for him there has tapered off with time. As Wednesday morning there were still tickets available — the game was not a sellout.
But talk to people in Portland, and they still have plenty of venom for Raymond Felton. And he’s going to hear about it Thursday night when he returns there.
Felton came to Portland in the Andre Miller trade before the lockout hit last season. And he was clearly one of the guys who didn’t think there was going to be a season because when deal was made and camps opened, he showed up heavy and out of shape. Portland was counting on him to be part of a pretty good team with Jamal Crawford (who also had an awful season) and LaMarcus Aldridge. Felton had a career-low PER of 13.4 (below the league average) and didn’t play anything like Knicks fans have seen in recent weeks.
Felton is going to hear about it from Blazers fans Thursday. He told Frank Isola of the Daily News he doesn’t care.
Every time future Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard makes a play on Felton, Blazers fans are going to erupt. The Rose Garden is a tough place to play most nights, especially on the second night of a back-to-back, but this one could be extra difficult for New York (especially if Anthony isn’t 100 percent).
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70