Mar 13, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
While Carmelo Anthony is not going to be showered with rose petals and given boxes of chocolate Wednesday night when he returns to Denver, the venom for him there has tapered off with time. As Wednesday morning there were still tickets available — the game was not a sellout.
But talk to people in Portland, and they still have plenty of venom for Raymond Felton. And he’s going to hear about it Thursday night when he returns there.
Felton came to Portland in the Andre Miller trade before the lockout hit last season. And he was clearly one of the guys who didn’t think there was going to be a season because when deal was made and camps opened, he showed up heavy and out of shape. Portland was counting on him to be part of a pretty good team with Jamal Crawford (who also had an awful season) and LaMarcus Aldridge. Felton had a career-low PER of 13.4 (below the league average) and didn’t play anything like Knicks fans have seen in recent weeks.
Felton is going to hear about it from Blazers fans Thursday. He told Frank Isola of the Daily News he doesn’t care.
On possibly facing as hostile crowd in Portland, Raymond Felton said: "I could care less what they do or what they say. That’s behind me."—
Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) March 13, 2013
Every time future Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard makes a play on Felton, Blazers fans are going to erupt. The Rose Garden is a tough place to play most nights, especially on the second night of a back-to-back, but this one could be extra difficult for New York (especially if Anthony isn’t 100 percent).
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 11
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)