Mar 13, 2013, 6:57 PM EST
Looks like the Lakers are catching a break.
Facing the Hawks on the second night of a back-to-back (the Hawks are on one, too) Los Angeles is catching Atlanta without starting point guard Jeff Teague and the Hawks also may be without forward Josh Smith.
Teague sprained his ankle in Tuesday night’s game.
Smith apparently tweaked his left knee in that same game against the Heat and may rest as a precaution. As much as the Lakers are a “big” game it doesn’t matter as much as getting healthy for the playoffs. Smith playing on a tweaked knee would increase the chance something more severe would happen.
The Lakers need wins and will take the help anywhere they can find it.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30