Mar 13, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Looks like the Lakers are catching a break.
Facing the Hawks on the second night of a back-to-back (the Hawks are on one, too) Los Angeles is catching Atlanta without starting point guard Jeff Teague and the Hawks also may be without forward Josh Smith.
Teague sprained his ankle in Tuesday night’s game.
Smith apparently tweaked his left knee in that same game against the Heat and may rest as a precaution. As much as the Lakers are a “big” game it doesn’t matter as much as getting healthy for the playoffs. Smith playing on a tweaked knee would increase the chance something more severe would happen.
The Lakers need wins and will take the help anywhere they can find it.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13