Mar 13, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Looks like the Lakers are catching a break.
Facing the Hawks on the second night of a back-to-back (the Hawks are on one, too) Los Angeles is catching Atlanta without starting point guard Jeff Teague and the Hawks also may be without forward Josh Smith.
Teague sprained his ankle in Tuesday night’s game.
Smith apparently tweaked his left knee in that same game against the Heat and may rest as a precaution. As much as the Lakers are a “big” game it doesn’t matter as much as getting healthy for the playoffs. Smith playing on a tweaked knee would increase the chance something more severe would happen.
The Lakers need wins and will take the help anywhere they can find it.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 5
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 49
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20