Mar 13, 2013, 6:57 PM EST
Looks like the Lakers are catching a break.
Facing the Hawks on the second night of a back-to-back (the Hawks are on one, too) Los Angeles is catching Atlanta without starting point guard Jeff Teague and the Hawks also may be without forward Josh Smith.
Teague sprained his ankle in Tuesday night’s game.
Smith apparently tweaked his left knee in that same game against the Heat and may rest as a precaution. As much as the Lakers are a “big” game it doesn’t matter as much as getting healthy for the playoffs. Smith playing on a tweaked knee would increase the chance something more severe would happen.
The Lakers need wins and will take the help anywhere they can find it.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45