Mar 13, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Looks like the Lakers are catching a break.
Facing the Hawks on the second night of a back-to-back (the Hawks are on one, too) Los Angeles is catching Atlanta without starting point guard Jeff Teague and the Hawks also may be without forward Josh Smith.
Teague sprained his ankle in Tuesday night’s game.
Smith apparently tweaked his left knee in that same game against the Heat and may rest as a precaution. As much as the Lakers are a “big” game it doesn’t matter as much as getting healthy for the playoffs. Smith playing on a tweaked knee would increase the chance something more severe would happen.
The Lakers need wins and will take the help anywhere they can find it.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 17
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10