Mar 13, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Kevin Love is getting closer to returning — and teasing us for a few weeks with what might have been this season in Minnesota — but he’s not quite there yet.
Love had surgery on his hand back in January and it was expected to take 8-10 weeks to recover. It looks like it could be more the back end of that estimate based on this tweet from Mark Remme (the official Timberwolves Web site reporter).
Love first broke his hand in preseason, working out doing knuckle pushups at home. He returned and played 14 games — with a brace on his hand and not looking himself — before re-injuring it and needing surgery.
Throw in Ricky Rubio coming back of ACL surgery and needing time to be himself, Nikola Pekovic and Andrei Kirilenko missing a number of games and the list going on and on, and you get an Minnesota team that finished well behind expectations this season.
But it feels more like just a bump in the road, that next season the Timberwolves will come back and join Golden State, Denver and the list of up and coming team in the West. And if Love can get back for a few games this season, maybe we can get a little taste of that.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80