Mar 13, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Kevin Love is getting closer to returning — and teasing us for a few weeks with what might have been this season in Minnesota — but he’s not quite there yet.
Love had surgery on his hand back in January and it was expected to take 8-10 weeks to recover. It looks like it could be more the back end of that estimate based on this tweet from Mark Remme (the official Timberwolves Web site reporter).
Love first broke his hand in preseason, working out doing knuckle pushups at home. He returned and played 14 games — with a brace on his hand and not looking himself — before re-injuring it and needing surgery.
Throw in Ricky Rubio coming back of ACL surgery and needing time to be himself, Nikola Pekovic and Andrei Kirilenko missing a number of games and the list going on and on, and you get an Minnesota team that finished well behind expectations this season.
But it feels more like just a bump in the road, that next season the Timberwolves will come back and join Golden State, Denver and the list of up and coming team in the West. And if Love can get back for a few games this season, maybe we can get a little taste of that.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy