DeMarcus Cousins doesn’t think he did anything wrong elbowing Dunleavy to head

Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM EST

At some point Wednesday the word will come down that DeMarcus Cousins is suspended for a game or two by the NBA league office for the play above — Cousins elbowed the Bucks Mike Dunleavy in the head.

In the least shocking news of the day Cousins thinks he’s innocent and misunderstood. Just like the other three times he was ejected this season and the roughly 592 other incidents he’s had in the NBA. From the Sacramento Bee (via Tom Ziller at SBN).

“If you see the replay, it’s really not as hard as he acted it out to be,” Cousins said. “It really wasn’t….

“I was just trying to get around the screen,” Cousins said.

Riiight.

This incident came after Dunleavy had gone low trying to get rebounding position on the previous play and knocked Cousins in the knee. Cousins had a right to be frustrated. After a timeout Cousins confronted Dunleavy and both got technical for that.

“Actually, I was cool about it because I really didn’t know if he did it on purpose,” Cousins said. “And that’s what I asked him, ‘Was that on purpose?’ And his response was, ‘What if it was? What you going to do about it?…

“I don’t even know what I got a technical for,” Cousins said. “I just asked him a question. After he said what he said, I said, ‘I got you,’ and I walked away.”

When Cousins feels wronged he simply can’t let things go, he has to act out for some reason, whether it’s confronting a Spurs broadcaster or elbowing Dunleavy in the head. The thing is, when Cousins reacts like this and gets tossed from a close game Dunleavy wins. And the Bucks did win a close one.

Wednesday night the Bulls will have the advantage because the suspension to Cousins is coming. He did something wrong, and until he learns some self control the Kings will keep paying a price.

Latest Posts
  1. Stan Van Gundy fires back at Suns’ Markieff Morris

Nov 21, 2014, 12:15 AM EST

Orlando's Stan Van Gundy shouts during an NBA playoff basketball game in Indianapolis Reuters

Morris said Pistons’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope “doesn’t have any heart”, Van Gundy fires back.

2. PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting?

Nov 20, 2014, 8:15 PM EST

Adam Silver Adam Silver

Adam Silver’s support for legalized sports betting is making him unpopular in some circles.

3. Seven Grizzlies players questionable Friday with stomach virus

Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EST

Tony Allen Tony Allen

The virus has affected almost half of Memphis’ roster.

4. Kevin Love: “I’m just trying to find myself in this offense”

Nov 20, 2014, 6:45 PM EST

Enes Kanter, Kevin Love Enes Kanter, Kevin Love

Love is averaging 16.7 points per game in his first year with the Cavs.

5. NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension

Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST

Jeffery Taylor Jeffery Taylor

NBPA director Michele Roberts calls the suspension “excessive.”

6. Kobe Bryant says he and Kevin Durant didn’t mean what they said about Dwight Howard

Nov 20, 2014, 3:40 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Rockets star has taken plenty of verbal abuse lately from opposing players

7. Players union, after Jason Kidd’s negotiations, looking into agents representing coaches and players

Nov 20, 2014, 1:21 PM EST

Milwaukee Bucks v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Current National Basketball Players Association rule forbids agents from representing players and coaches

8. Doc Rivers: Magic’s Nikola Vucevic ‘is an all-star’

Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 AM EST

Los Angeles Clippers v Orlando Magic Los Angeles Clippers v Orlando Magic

Clippers coach: ‘He’s probably the best player in the league that nobody knows’

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches