Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
In the least shocking news of the day Cousins thinks he’s innocent and misunderstood. Just like the other three times he was ejected this season and the roughly 592 other incidents he’s had in the NBA. From the Sacramento Bee (via Tom Ziller at SBN).
“If you see the replay, it’s really not as hard as he acted it out to be,” Cousins said. “It really wasn’t….
“I was just trying to get around the screen,” Cousins said.
This incident came after Dunleavy had gone low trying to get rebounding position on the previous play and knocked Cousins in the knee. Cousins had a right to be frustrated. After a timeout Cousins confronted Dunleavy and both got technical for that.
“Actually, I was cool about it because I really didn’t know if he did it on purpose,” Cousins said. “And that’s what I asked him, ‘Was that on purpose?’ And his response was, ‘What if it was? What you going to do about it?…
“I don’t even know what I got a technical for,” Cousins said. “I just asked him a question. After he said what he said, I said, ‘I got you,’ and I walked away.”
When Cousins feels wronged he simply can’t let things go, he has to act out for some reason, whether it’s confronting a Spurs broadcaster or elbowing Dunleavy in the head. The thing is, when Cousins reacts like this and gets tossed from a close game Dunleavy wins. And the Bucks did win a close one.
Wednesday night the Bulls will have the advantage because the suspension to Cousins is coming. He did something wrong, and until he learns some self control the Kings will keep paying a price.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 36
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 62
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 33
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 76