Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
In the least shocking news of the day Cousins thinks he’s innocent and misunderstood. Just like the other three times he was ejected this season and the roughly 592 other incidents he’s had in the NBA. From the Sacramento Bee (via Tom Ziller at SBN).
“If you see the replay, it’s really not as hard as he acted it out to be,” Cousins said. “It really wasn’t….
“I was just trying to get around the screen,” Cousins said.
This incident came after Dunleavy had gone low trying to get rebounding position on the previous play and knocked Cousins in the knee. Cousins had a right to be frustrated. After a timeout Cousins confronted Dunleavy and both got technical for that.
“Actually, I was cool about it because I really didn’t know if he did it on purpose,” Cousins said. “And that’s what I asked him, ‘Was that on purpose?’ And his response was, ‘What if it was? What you going to do about it?…
“I don’t even know what I got a technical for,” Cousins said. “I just asked him a question. After he said what he said, I said, ‘I got you,’ and I walked away.”
When Cousins feels wronged he simply can’t let things go, he has to act out for some reason, whether it’s confronting a Spurs broadcaster or elbowing Dunleavy in the head. The thing is, when Cousins reacts like this and gets tossed from a close game Dunleavy wins. And the Bucks did win a close one.
Wednesday night the Bulls will have the advantage because the suspension to Cousins is coming. He did something wrong, and until he learns some self control the Kings will keep paying a price.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0