Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
In the least shocking news of the day Cousins thinks he’s innocent and misunderstood. Just like the other three times he was ejected this season and the roughly 592 other incidents he’s had in the NBA. From the Sacramento Bee (via Tom Ziller at SBN).
“If you see the replay, it’s really not as hard as he acted it out to be,” Cousins said. “It really wasn’t….
“I was just trying to get around the screen,” Cousins said.
This incident came after Dunleavy had gone low trying to get rebounding position on the previous play and knocked Cousins in the knee. Cousins had a right to be frustrated. After a timeout Cousins confronted Dunleavy and both got technical for that.
“Actually, I was cool about it because I really didn’t know if he did it on purpose,” Cousins said. “And that’s what I asked him, ‘Was that on purpose?’ And his response was, ‘What if it was? What you going to do about it?…
“I don’t even know what I got a technical for,” Cousins said. “I just asked him a question. After he said what he said, I said, ‘I got you,’ and I walked away.”
When Cousins feels wronged he simply can’t let things go, he has to act out for some reason, whether it’s confronting a Spurs broadcaster or elbowing Dunleavy in the head. The thing is, when Cousins reacts like this and gets tossed from a close game Dunleavy wins. And the Bucks did win a close one.
Wednesday night the Bulls will have the advantage because the suspension to Cousins is coming. He did something wrong, and until he learns some self control the Kings will keep paying a price.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15