Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
In the least shocking news of the day Cousins thinks he’s innocent and misunderstood. Just like the other three times he was ejected this season and the roughly 592 other incidents he’s had in the NBA. From the Sacramento Bee (via Tom Ziller at SBN).
“If you see the replay, it’s really not as hard as he acted it out to be,” Cousins said. “It really wasn’t….
“I was just trying to get around the screen,” Cousins said.
This incident came after Dunleavy had gone low trying to get rebounding position on the previous play and knocked Cousins in the knee. Cousins had a right to be frustrated. After a timeout Cousins confronted Dunleavy and both got technical for that.
“Actually, I was cool about it because I really didn’t know if he did it on purpose,” Cousins said. “And that’s what I asked him, ‘Was that on purpose?’ And his response was, ‘What if it was? What you going to do about it?…
“I don’t even know what I got a technical for,” Cousins said. “I just asked him a question. After he said what he said, I said, ‘I got you,’ and I walked away.”
When Cousins feels wronged he simply can’t let things go, he has to act out for some reason, whether it’s confronting a Spurs broadcaster or elbowing Dunleavy in the head. The thing is, when Cousins reacts like this and gets tossed from a close game Dunleavy wins. And the Bucks did win a close one.
Wednesday night the Bulls will have the advantage because the suspension to Cousins is coming. He did something wrong, and until he learns some self control the Kings will keep paying a price.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15