Mar 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has more to worry about than the boos that he’s going to hear in Denver on Wednesday night. And he’s going to hear them even if the fans in Denver have largely moved on.
The bigger issue for Anthony and the Knicks is they are a win now team that has been 20-18 since their hot start, playing some pretty pedestrian defense along the way. If they are going to make a run in the playoffs they need to get their early season shooting touch from three back and they need their defense to improve.
They also need Anthony at his best, and he is not right now because of his knee issues. He missed three games and in the one where he returned he was slow.
Anthony admitted to the New York Post he’d consider getting his knee drained of fluid, but he doesn’t want to go there.
If this continues, he may have the fluid in his knee drained in a procedure that would keep him out anywhere from a few days to a week, according to medical experts. However, the experts said, fluid in the back of the knee is usually a result of arthritis or cartilage wear and tear, both chronic conditions….
“We’re talking about it [the procedure],’’ Anthony said after practicing on the Nuggets’ practice court at Pepsi Center. “The doctors will sit down and talk about it and see my options. I think that’s the last option — to get the knee drained. I have to weigh all the options — how much time I’d have to take off.’’
I expect Anthony will eventually have to go this route (and then this summer get his knee scoped). But if he can hold off until closer to the start of the playoffs, it might be better.
The question is if he keeps missing games and playing like this, can the Knicks have him wait?
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 19
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25