Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Bobcats need to add some depth at the point guard spot so they are turning to a veteran for the stretch run.
The Bobcats are about to bring in Jannero Pargo, reports the Charlotte Observer.
The Bobcats are expected to sign Pargo to a 10-day contract, after the team lost reserve point guard Ramon Sessions for up to a month with a sprained left knee.
Pargo has spent part of this season with the Wizards and Hawks and was with five NBA teams in previous seasons. He’s a journeyman.
Kemba Walker is the guy still getting majority of the burn at the point as the Bobcats remain a team trying to grow their young players in a trial by fire sense. But Sessions had provided them stability behind Walker. Now that’s Pargo’s role so shooting guard Reggie Williams doesn’t have to do it.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61