Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
The Bobcats need to add some depth at the point guard spot so they are turning to a veteran for the stretch run.
The Bobcats are about to bring in Jannero Pargo, reports the Charlotte Observer.
The Bobcats are expected to sign Pargo to a 10-day contract, after the team lost reserve point guard Ramon Sessions for up to a month with a sprained left knee.
Pargo has spent part of this season with the Wizards and Hawks and was with five NBA teams in previous seasons. He’s a journeyman.
Kemba Walker is the guy still getting majority of the burn at the point as the Bobcats remain a team trying to grow their young players in a trial by fire sense. But Sessions had provided them stability behind Walker. Now that’s Pargo’s role so shooting guard Reggie Williams doesn’t have to do it.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 5
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (40)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)