Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
The Bobcats need to add some depth at the point guard spot so they are turning to a veteran for the stretch run.
The Bobcats are about to bring in Jannero Pargo, reports the Charlotte Observer.
The Bobcats are expected to sign Pargo to a 10-day contract, after the team lost reserve point guard Ramon Sessions for up to a month with a sprained left knee.
Pargo has spent part of this season with the Wizards and Hawks and was with five NBA teams in previous seasons. He’s a journeyman.
Kemba Walker is the guy still getting majority of the burn at the point as the Bobcats remain a team trying to grow their young players in a trial by fire sense. But Sessions had provided them stability behind Walker. Now that’s Pargo’s role so shooting guard Reggie Williams doesn’t have to do it.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10