Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Bobcats need to add some depth at the point guard spot so they are turning to a veteran for the stretch run.
The Bobcats are about to bring in Jannero Pargo, reports the Charlotte Observer.
The Bobcats are expected to sign Pargo to a 10-day contract, after the team lost reserve point guard Ramon Sessions for up to a month with a sprained left knee.
Pargo has spent part of this season with the Wizards and Hawks and was with five NBA teams in previous seasons. He’s a journeyman.
Kemba Walker is the guy still getting majority of the burn at the point as the Bobcats remain a team trying to grow their young players in a trial by fire sense. But Sessions had provided them stability behind Walker. Now that’s Pargo’s role so shooting guard Reggie Williams doesn’t have to do it.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10