Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Hey Russell Westbrook, you realize you’re pretty much never going to get that call, right?
He tried. Westbrook was coming up the court with just under 2:30 left in the second quarter and Gary Neal steps up to apply some early pressure. And Westbrook — who was in a gunner mode for long stretches of this game — thought he could get the foul call and so he took an ill-advised halfcourt shot. Again, you are just never going to get that call.
Westbrook shot 11-of-27 for 25 points on the night.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shined 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 0
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 9
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 15
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8