Mar 12, 2013, 2:59 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace has played 20 games for the Knicks this season and after foot surgery is not likely going to make it back with the team this season.
The Knicks are toying with the idea of adding some depth to their banged-up roster as they enter the final stretch of the season, but with a maxed-out roster they would have to cut someone to add anyone.
And Wallace is not a candidate to be cut, coach Mike Woodson told Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
But when Woodson was asked if he has reconsidering waiving Wallace, a player he convinced to come out of two-year retirement, the head coach said: “I don’t know where that came from. That was you guys (in the media). I never made that statement about waiving Rasheed. Rasheed still has a chance to bounce back as well but again as we go up this road we’ve just got to wait and see…”
Woodson admitted that he is approaching the remainder of the regular season as if he won’t have either Stoudemire or Wallace. He then revealed that he intends to speak with general manager Glen Grunwald next week about adding a player.
Wallace and Amare Stoudemire are out until the playoffs, but other guys — including Carmelo Anthony — look like they could use some time off. The Knicks could use another body on the roster, but to do that means making a cut of another healthy player.
If not Wallace then… James White? Who else could the Knicks just buy out and not miss?
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11