Mar 12, 2013, 9:54 AM EST
As much as one play can, this play pretty much sums up why the Spurs beat the Thunder Thursday night.
There was the defense — from the start of the second quarter on the Thunder had 12 turnovers, like this steal by Kawhi Leonard, and shot just 39.3 percent.
There was the energy — the Spurs were fresh and hustling, the Thunder looked like a team playing its fourth game in five nights and they were not getting back on defense. Kendrick Perkins tried but he couldn’t stop Leonard and just ended up in the poster.
Then there’s the fact the Spurs are a really good team. The Thunder had an off night but their margin for error against the Spurs is much smaller than most nights and when Russell Westbrook is in one of those places where he is going to shoot everything and Kevin Durant is standing around a lot more, they can’t beat the Spurs. The Thunder can play better, they have to against San Antonio. Or this happens.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13