Mar 12, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Dennis Rodman, international ambassador?
Apparently, that’s how he pictures himself. Fresh off a trip to North Korea — where he looked the fool upon his return singing the praises of Kim Jung Un to anyone who would listen — he now plans to go to the Vatican and meet with the new Pope. Once they vote a bunch of times and figure out who that will be.
Rodman tells TMZ … his “people” in Rome have been in touch with the muckety mucks at the Vatican and they’re trying to arrange a sit-down with the next person to don the big funny hat.
As for what Dennis wants to accomplish … he tells TMZ, “I want to be anywhere in the world that I’m needed … I want to spread a message of peace and love throughout the world.”
Peace and love. So Dennis Rodman is the new Joan Baez, just with a few more piercings? Of course, during his playing days peace and love were the cornerstones of Rodman’s game, what we all remember him for, so this is just a natural extension.
I would like to tell you this is the last of Rodman’s overseas adventures, but I think we all know better.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85