Mar 11, 2013, 8:33 PM EST
Those 10-day contracts a bunch of teams are handing out are technically two-way streets — not only is the team seeing if the player is a fit for them, the player is checking out the team as well. Except that usually the player doesn’t really have another option and are willing to latch on regardless of the situation.
Lou Amundson is not that guy. He is with the Bulls on a 10-day deal but he has options. And he plans to use them, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Lou Amundson wrote me in a text message he’s signing with New Orleans when his 10-day contract expires with Chicago after today.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 11, 2013
Amundson started the season with the Timberwolves but they let him go. He has not cracked the rotation in Chicago, to say the least. He has played two minutes in one game for the Bulls. He likely feels like he has a better chance of getting on the court in New Orleans, where the team is a little more in flux and not playoff bound.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 12
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30