Mar 11, 2013, 8:33 PM EST
Those 10-day contracts a bunch of teams are handing out are technically two-way streets — not only is the team seeing if the player is a fit for them, the player is checking out the team as well. Except that usually the player doesn’t really have another option and are willing to latch on regardless of the situation.
Lou Amundson is not that guy. He is with the Bulls on a 10-day deal but he has options. And he plans to use them, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Lou Amundson wrote me in a text message he’s signing with New Orleans when his 10-day contract expires with Chicago after today.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 11, 2013
Amundson started the season with the Timberwolves but they let him go. He has not cracked the rotation in Chicago, to say the least. He has played two minutes in one game for the Bulls. He likely feels like he has a better chance of getting on the court in New Orleans, where the team is a little more in flux and not playoff bound.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5