Mar 11, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Those 10-day contracts a bunch of teams are handing out are technically two-way streets — not only is the team seeing if the player is a fit for them, the player is checking out the team as well. Except that usually the player doesn’t really have another option and are willing to latch on regardless of the situation.
Lou Amundson is not that guy. He is with the Bulls on a 10-day deal but he has options. And he plans to use them, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Lou Amundson wrote me in a text message he’s signing with New Orleans when his 10-day contract expires with Chicago after today.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 11, 2013
Amundson started the season with the Timberwolves but they let him go. He has not cracked the rotation in Chicago, to say the least. He has played two minutes in one game for the Bulls. He likely feels like he has a better chance of getting on the court in New Orleans, where the team is a little more in flux and not playoff bound.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 2
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 16
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25