Mar 11, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Those 10-day contracts a bunch of teams are handing out are technically two-way streets — not only is the team seeing if the player is a fit for them, the player is checking out the team as well. Except that usually the player doesn’t really have another option and are willing to latch on regardless of the situation.
Lou Amundson is not that guy. He is with the Bulls on a 10-day deal but he has options. And he plans to use them, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Lou Amundson wrote me in a text message he’s signing with New Orleans when his 10-day contract expires with Chicago after today.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 11, 2013
Amundson started the season with the Timberwolves but they let him go. He has not cracked the rotation in Chicago, to say the least. He has played two minutes in one game for the Bulls. He likely feels like he has a better chance of getting on the court in New Orleans, where the team is a little more in flux and not playoff bound.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 12
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 30
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24