Mar 11, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Those 10-day contracts a bunch of teams are handing out are technically two-way streets — not only is the team seeing if the player is a fit for them, the player is checking out the team as well. Except that usually the player doesn’t really have another option and are willing to latch on regardless of the situation.
Lou Amundson is not that guy. He is with the Bulls on a 10-day deal but he has options. And he plans to use them, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Lou Amundson wrote me in a text message he’s signing with New Orleans when his 10-day contract expires with Chicago after today.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 11, 2013
Amundson started the season with the Timberwolves but they let him go. He has not cracked the rotation in Chicago, to say the least. He has played two minutes in one game for the Bulls. He likely feels like he has a better chance of getting on the court in New Orleans, where the team is a little more in flux and not playoff bound.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48