Mar 11, 2013, 5:46 PM EDT
Caron Butler is not a guy to oversell injuries. So when he was grabbing his left elbow Sunday night and went straight to the locker room, then when teammates seemed concerned after the game, there was reason for Clippers fans to be a little worried.
X-rays on Sunday night were negative but the MRI was Monday, but that came back about as positive as one could hope as well, the team reported Monday on twitter.
Butler has started 62 games for the Clippers, averaging 10.6 points a game and spacing the floor with his 37 percent three point shooting.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33