Mar 11, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Not exactly the news the struggling Golden State Warriors wanted to hear.
The Knicks are listing Anthony as probable, but Anthony was more definitive, saying, “I will play tonight.”
Anthony participated fully in the Knicks’ morning shoot-around and said he still felt some stiffness behind the knee, “but no pain.” Team doctors have not cited any specific injury or condition, and Anthony insisted he would not need off-season surgery.
Anthony’s knee had bothered him for a couple weeks until he tripped and fell against the Cavaliers, which kind of aggravated it. He sat out getting the knee some rest.
Mike Woodson said he wants to limit Anthony to 35 minutes a game, plus he might want to find a way to get Anthony a few games off down the stretch and heading into the playoffs. That’s when the Knicks are going to lean on him. Heavily. The problem is with Amare Stoudemire out due to knee surgery Woodson may not have a lot of other good options.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 1
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 35
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars