Mar 11, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
Brandon Knight seems like a nice enough guy, but perhaps that wasn’t the case in a previous life.
Players will always take embarrassment over injury, however, so this note from Utah Jazz PR Director Jon Rinehart from tonight’s game means things can’t get much worse for Knight this week.
Per Pistons PR, Brandon Knight suffered a left ankle sprain and will not return. #DETatUTA
— Jonathan Rinehart (@jonrinehart) March 12, 2013
Knight, as you may recall, was on the wrong end of that subtle punch from Metta World Peace a little over a month ago, and was the victim of Kyrie Irving‘s ire late in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star weekend in Houston.
Here’s hoping the injury is nothing too serious; Knight’s already had way more than his fair share of issues this season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10