Mar 11, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Brandon Knight seems like a nice enough guy, but perhaps that wasn’t the case in a previous life.
Players will always take embarrassment over injury, however, so this note from Utah Jazz PR Director Jon Rinehart from tonight’s game means things can’t get much worse for Knight this week.
Per Pistons PR, Brandon Knight suffered a left ankle sprain and will not return. #DETatUTA
— Jonathan Rinehart (@jonrinehart) March 12, 2013
Knight, as you may recall, was on the wrong end of that subtle punch from Metta World Peace a little over a month ago, and was the victim of Kyrie Irving‘s ire late in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star weekend in Houston.
Here’s hoping the injury is nothing too serious; Knight’s already had way more than his fair share of issues this season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14