Mar 11, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Brandon Knight seems like a nice enough guy, but perhaps that wasn’t the case in a previous life.
Players will always take embarrassment over injury, however, so this note from Utah Jazz PR Director Jon Rinehart from tonight’s game means things can’t get much worse for Knight this week.
Per Pistons PR, Brandon Knight suffered a left ankle sprain and will not return. #DETatUTA
— Jonathan Rinehart (@jonrinehart) March 12, 2013
Knight, as you may recall, was on the wrong end of that subtle punch from Metta World Peace a little over a month ago, and was the victim of Kyrie Irving‘s ire late in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star weekend in Houston.
Here’s hoping the injury is nothing too serious; Knight’s already had way more than his fair share of issues this season.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay