Mar 11, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Brandon Knight seems like a nice enough guy, but perhaps that wasn’t the case in a previous life.
Players will always take embarrassment over injury, however, so this note from Utah Jazz PR Director Jon Rinehart from tonight’s game means things can’t get much worse for Knight this week.
Per Pistons PR, Brandon Knight suffered a left ankle sprain and will not return. #DETatUTA
— Jonathan Rinehart (@jonrinehart) March 12, 2013
Knight, as you may recall, was on the wrong end of that subtle punch from Metta World Peace a little over a month ago, and was the victim of Kyrie Irving‘s ire late in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star weekend in Houston.
Here’s hoping the injury is nothing too serious; Knight’s already had way more than his fair share of issues this season.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2