Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Late in the third quarter of Denver’s blowout win over Minnesota on Saturday, George Karl lost it after Ty Lawson was whistled for an offensive foul. The play could have been called on Rubio, but it did appear that Lawson may have initiated the contact by checking Rubio with the shoulder.
Karl obviously didn’t see it as a call that could have gone either way, and was irate enough to charge toward the official to make his point, while pushing Wilson Chandler out of the way to get there.
Karl received a technical foul for his effort, while Chandler was simply amused by the incident, and posted the following message to his Twitter account afterward.
About to dress up in all black and catch George Karl outside. Putting his hands on me like he about that life lol
— Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) March 10, 2013
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5