Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Late in the third quarter of Denver’s blowout win over Minnesota on Saturday, George Karl lost it after Ty Lawson was whistled for an offensive foul. The play could have been called on Rubio, but it did appear that Lawson may have initiated the contact by checking Rubio with the shoulder.
Karl obviously didn’t see it as a call that could have gone either way, and was irate enough to charge toward the official to make his point, while pushing Wilson Chandler out of the way to get there.
Karl received a technical foul for his effort, while Chandler was simply amused by the incident, and posted the following message to his Twitter account afterward.
About to dress up in all black and catch George Karl outside. Putting his hands on me like he about that life lol
— Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) March 10, 2013
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80