Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Late in the third quarter of Denver’s blowout win over Minnesota on Saturday, George Karl lost it after Ty Lawson was whistled for an offensive foul. The play could have been called on Rubio, but it did appear that Lawson may have initiated the contact by checking Rubio with the shoulder.
Karl obviously didn’t see it as a call that could have gone either way, and was irate enough to charge toward the official to make his point, while pushing Wilson Chandler out of the way to get there.
Karl received a technical foul for his effort, while Chandler was simply amused by the incident, and posted the following message to his Twitter account afterward.
About to dress up in all black and catch George Karl outside. Putting his hands on me like he about that life lol
— Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) March 10, 2013
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 30
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13