Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Late in the third quarter of Denver’s blowout win over Minnesota on Saturday, George Karl lost it after Ty Lawson was whistled for an offensive foul. The play could have been called on Rubio, but it did appear that Lawson may have initiated the contact by checking Rubio with the shoulder.
Karl obviously didn’t see it as a call that could have gone either way, and was irate enough to charge toward the official to make his point, while pushing Wilson Chandler out of the way to get there.
Karl received a technical foul for his effort, while Chandler was simply amused by the incident, and posted the following message to his Twitter account afterward.
About to dress up in all black and catch George Karl outside. Putting his hands on me like he about that life lol
— Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) March 10, 2013
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 32
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 20
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14