Mar 10, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
So it’s not the knee, it’s not dunking off the left foot, it’s the hamstring?
Bulls injured point guard Derrick Rose spoke with ESPN sideline reporter Doris Burke (one of the best in the biz) and told her the reason he has not gotten back on the court is a hamstring issue. CSNChicago.com has the details.
Sunday brought the latest new bit of information on Derrick Rose’s stalled rehab from ACL surgery 10 months ago. ABC courtside reporter Doris Burke revealed Derrick has been experiencing “burning” in his hamstrings after those 5-on-5 practice sessions at the Berto Center. And, Derrick told Burke he won’t consider returning to game competition until that issue is resolved.
The CSNChicago column by Mark Schanowski goes on to wonder why the Bulls are all Bill Belichick about Rose’s injury and this info doesn’t come from them. Fair question, but teams seem to be more trying to obscure such info, as if it gives them some advantage. Whatever.
While this may or may not be related to him compensating for the knee, it is the kind of thing that can linger.
So we remain without a timeline for Rose to return. And I don’t have a problem with that — he shouldn’t come back until he is not only right physically but feels right mentally. Whenever that is. Even next season.
Just know the reason today is the hamstring.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30