Mar 10, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
So it’s not the knee, it’s not dunking off the left foot, it’s the hamstring?
Bulls injured point guard Derrick Rose spoke with ESPN sideline reporter Doris Burke (one of the best in the biz) and told her the reason he has not gotten back on the court is a hamstring issue. CSNChicago.com has the details.
Sunday brought the latest new bit of information on Derrick Rose’s stalled rehab from ACL surgery 10 months ago. ABC courtside reporter Doris Burke revealed Derrick has been experiencing “burning” in his hamstrings after those 5-on-5 practice sessions at the Berto Center. And, Derrick told Burke he won’t consider returning to game competition until that issue is resolved.
The CSNChicago column by Mark Schanowski goes on to wonder why the Bulls are all Bill Belichick about Rose’s injury and this info doesn’t come from them. Fair question, but teams seem to be more trying to obscure such info, as if it gives them some advantage. Whatever.
While this may or may not be related to him compensating for the knee, it is the kind of thing that can linger.
So we remain without a timeline for Rose to return. And I don’t have a problem with that — he shouldn’t come back until he is not only right physically but feels right mentally. Whenever that is. Even next season.
Just know the reason today is the hamstring.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10