Mar 10, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
So it’s not the knee, it’s not dunking off the left foot, it’s the hamstring?
Bulls injured point guard Derrick Rose spoke with ESPN sideline reporter Doris Burke (one of the best in the biz) and told her the reason he has not gotten back on the court is a hamstring issue. CSNChicago.com has the details.
Sunday brought the latest new bit of information on Derrick Rose’s stalled rehab from ACL surgery 10 months ago. ABC courtside reporter Doris Burke revealed Derrick has been experiencing “burning” in his hamstrings after those 5-on-5 practice sessions at the Berto Center. And, Derrick told Burke he won’t consider returning to game competition until that issue is resolved.
The CSNChicago column by Mark Schanowski goes on to wonder why the Bulls are all Bill Belichick about Rose’s injury and this info doesn’t come from them. Fair question, but teams seem to be more trying to obscure such info, as if it gives them some advantage. Whatever.
While this may or may not be related to him compensating for the knee, it is the kind of thing that can linger.
So we remain without a timeline for Rose to return. And I don’t have a problem with that — he shouldn’t come back until he is not only right physically but feels right mentally. Whenever that is. Even next season.
Just know the reason today is the hamstring.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 4
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 13
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 6
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 10
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (100)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'