Mar 10, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
So it’s not the knee, it’s not dunking off the left foot, it’s the hamstring?
Bulls injured point guard Derrick Rose spoke with ESPN sideline reporter Doris Burke (one of the best in the biz) and told her the reason he has not gotten back on the court is a hamstring issue. CSNChicago.com has the details.
Sunday brought the latest new bit of information on Derrick Rose’s stalled rehab from ACL surgery 10 months ago. ABC courtside reporter Doris Burke revealed Derrick has been experiencing “burning” in his hamstrings after those 5-on-5 practice sessions at the Berto Center. And, Derrick told Burke he won’t consider returning to game competition until that issue is resolved.
The CSNChicago column by Mark Schanowski goes on to wonder why the Bulls are all Bill Belichick about Rose’s injury and this info doesn’t come from them. Fair question, but teams seem to be more trying to obscure such info, as if it gives them some advantage. Whatever.
While this may or may not be related to him compensating for the knee, it is the kind of thing that can linger.
So we remain without a timeline for Rose to return. And I don’t have a problem with that — he shouldn’t come back until he is not only right physically but feels right mentally. Whenever that is. Even next season.
Just know the reason today is the hamstring.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18