David Lee misses Warriors’ loss to Bucks due to knee injury, says he’ll be ready to go Monday vs. Knicks
Mar 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
David Lee sat out the Warriors’ 103-93 home loss to the Bucks on Saturday with a bruised right knee, but he doesn’t expect to be sidelined much longer.
Lee was experiencing swelling in the knee, after banging it against the knee of Thomas Robinson midway through the first quarter of Golden State’s loss to Houston on Friday.
The Warriors’ next game is against the Knicks on Monday, and Lee said he should be ready to go in time to face his former team.
From Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea:
For my NY tweeps: David Lee (bruised right knee) sat out loss to Bucks but assured me he’d be ready to go for Monday’s game vs. Knicks.
— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) March 10, 2013
With or without Lee, the Warriors are going to need to start playing better team defense to stop a slide that has seen the team win just twice in its last eight games, and just five times in its last 17.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49