David Lee misses Warriors’ loss to Bucks due to knee injury, says he’ll be ready to go Monday vs. Knicks
Mar 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
David Lee sat out the Warriors’ 103-93 home loss to the Bucks on Saturday with a bruised right knee, but he doesn’t expect to be sidelined much longer.
Lee was experiencing swelling in the knee, after banging it against the knee of Thomas Robinson midway through the first quarter of Golden State’s loss to Houston on Friday.
The Warriors’ next game is against the Knicks on Monday, and Lee said he should be ready to go in time to face his former team.
From Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea:
For my NY tweeps: David Lee (bruised right knee) sat out loss to Bucks but assured me he’d be ready to go for Monday’s game vs. Knicks.
— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) March 10, 2013
With or without Lee, the Warriors are going to need to start playing better team defense to stop a slide that has seen the team win just twice in its last eight games, and just five times in its last 17.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32