David Lee misses Warriors’ loss to Bucks due to knee injury, says he’ll be ready to go Monday vs. Knicks
Mar 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
David Lee sat out the Warriors’ 103-93 home loss to the Bucks on Saturday with a bruised right knee, but he doesn’t expect to be sidelined much longer.
Lee was experiencing swelling in the knee, after banging it against the knee of Thomas Robinson midway through the first quarter of Golden State’s loss to Houston on Friday.
The Warriors’ next game is against the Knicks on Monday, and Lee said he should be ready to go in time to face his former team.
From Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea:
For my NY tweeps: David Lee (bruised right knee) sat out loss to Bucks but assured me he’d be ready to go for Monday’s game vs. Knicks.
— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) March 10, 2013
With or without Lee, the Warriors are going to need to start playing better team defense to stop a slide that has seen the team win just twice in its last eight games, and just five times in its last 17.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 15
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 5
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 46
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay