David Lee misses Warriors’ loss to Bucks due to knee injury, says he’ll be ready to go Monday vs. Knicks
Mar 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
David Lee sat out the Warriors’ 103-93 home loss to the Bucks on Saturday with a bruised right knee, but he doesn’t expect to be sidelined much longer.
Lee was experiencing swelling in the knee, after banging it against the knee of Thomas Robinson midway through the first quarter of Golden State’s loss to Houston on Friday.
The Warriors’ next game is against the Knicks on Monday, and Lee said he should be ready to go in time to face his former team.
From Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea:
For my NY tweeps: David Lee (bruised right knee) sat out loss to Bucks but assured me he’d be ready to go for Monday’s game vs. Knicks.
— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) March 10, 2013
With or without Lee, the Warriors are going to need to start playing better team defense to stop a slide that has seen the team win just twice in its last eight games, and just five times in its last 17.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29