Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
A crazy sequence on the Bulls’ final possession ended with a three-pointer from the corner by Marco Belinelli that turned out to be the game-winner, sending Chicago past Utah 89-88.
To say the Bulls were fortunate here would be a bit of an understatement.
Trailing by two with 18 seconds remaining, Belinelli pushes the ball up the floor, and chooses to try to score quickly instead of making sure to get as clean of a look as possible. He drove to the basket, got some contact from the defender, but missed his pull-up attempt from inside of 10 feet.
The ball was batted around a couple of times, before Joakim Noah saved it from going out of bounds. He taps it to Jimmy Butler, who dribbles into the paint before kicking it to Belinelli who’s all alone in the corner.
The loss drops the Jazz to 32-30, just a half game ahead of the Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West after L.A.’s thrilling overtime victory over the Raptors.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay