Mar 8, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
‘Tis the season for 10-day contracts as teams take a look at guys who are not going to see a lot of action in the short term but teams might want to keep around through the summer and see if they can develop.
A couple of those came up Friday.
The Clippers have signed Maalik Wayns to a 10-day contract, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo. Wayns is a 6’2” rookie guard out of Villanova who got in 21 games for the Sixers earlier this season, but shot just 26.4 percent and didn’t stick. The Clippers are deep at the point (Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe), but they will take a look.
The Warriors are about to sign Malcolm Thomas to a 10-day contract, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Thomas played most of this season with Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel and had just returned to the United States, playing for the D-Fenders in the D-League. Thomas, a forward out of San Diego State, had a cup of coffee with the Spurs last season.
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 28
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 14
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay