Mar 8, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
The return of Derrick Rose is close.
He reportedly has been cleared by doctors to play but he doesn’t feel ready yet, he wants to be able to dunk off his left foot.
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau sides with Rose (wise move). He said that Rose is close but not there yet, reports the Associated Press.
“We’ll see when he’s ready,” Thibodeau said. “He’s getting there. He’s not quite there yet….”
Asked if Rose would be allowed to play if he felt he was able, Thibdodeau said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We’re just going day by day.”
When Derrick Rose is ready Derrick Rose will be back on the floor. Which is how it should be. That’s his body, his knee, his career. Everyone can wait for him. Patiently.
My guess — and it is just a guess — is that we’ll see Rose back on the court in the next couple of weeks.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)