Mar 8, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
The return of Derrick Rose is close.
He reportedly has been cleared by doctors to play but he doesn’t feel ready yet, he wants to be able to dunk off his left foot.
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau sides with Rose (wise move). He said that Rose is close but not there yet, reports the Associated Press.
“We’ll see when he’s ready,” Thibodeau said. “He’s getting there. He’s not quite there yet….”
Asked if Rose would be allowed to play if he felt he was able, Thibdodeau said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We’re just going day by day.”
When Derrick Rose is ready Derrick Rose will be back on the floor. Which is how it should be. That’s his body, his knee, his career. Everyone can wait for him. Patiently.
My guess — and it is just a guess — is that we’ll see Rose back on the court in the next couple of weeks.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39