Mar 8, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
The return of Derrick Rose is close.
He reportedly has been cleared by doctors to play but he doesn’t feel ready yet, he wants to be able to dunk off his left foot.
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau sides with Rose (wise move). He said that Rose is close but not there yet, reports the Associated Press.
“We’ll see when he’s ready,” Thibodeau said. “He’s getting there. He’s not quite there yet….”
Asked if Rose would be allowed to play if he felt he was able, Thibdodeau said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We’re just going day by day.”
When Derrick Rose is ready Derrick Rose will be back on the floor. Which is how it should be. That’s his body, his knee, his career. Everyone can wait for him. Patiently.
My guess — and it is just a guess — is that we’ll see Rose back on the court in the next couple of weeks.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2