Mar 8, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
The return of Derrick Rose is close.
He reportedly has been cleared by doctors to play but he doesn’t feel ready yet, he wants to be able to dunk off his left foot.
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau sides with Rose (wise move). He said that Rose is close but not there yet, reports the Associated Press.
“We’ll see when he’s ready,” Thibodeau said. “He’s getting there. He’s not quite there yet….”
Asked if Rose would be allowed to play if he felt he was able, Thibdodeau said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We’re just going day by day.”
When Derrick Rose is ready Derrick Rose will be back on the floor. Which is how it should be. That’s his body, his knee, his career. Everyone can wait for him. Patiently.
My guess — and it is just a guess — is that we’ll see Rose back on the court in the next couple of weeks.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6