Mar 8, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
The return of Derrick Rose is close.
He reportedly has been cleared by doctors to play but he doesn’t feel ready yet, he wants to be able to dunk off his left foot.
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau sides with Rose (wise move). He said that Rose is close but not there yet, reports the Associated Press.
“We’ll see when he’s ready,” Thibodeau said. “He’s getting there. He’s not quite there yet….”
Asked if Rose would be allowed to play if he felt he was able, Thibdodeau said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We’re just going day by day.”
When Derrick Rose is ready Derrick Rose will be back on the floor. Which is how it should be. That’s his body, his knee, his career. Everyone can wait for him. Patiently.
My guess — and it is just a guess — is that we’ll see Rose back on the court in the next couple of weeks.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 6
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5