Mar 8, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
On Wednesday Kyrie Irving was saying he had to play through knee pain. Friday morning Cavs coach Byron Scott was saying Irving had a flu bug that had been going around the team and kept Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller out of games.
Despite it all Irving is going to suit up against the Grizzlies Friday, according to Jonathon Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal.
Kyrie Irving says he'll play… kinda feel like the ring announced in karate kid: "daniel larusso is going to fight!"—
Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) March 08, 2013
We’ll see how many minutes he gets, but Irving is going to be out there.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32