Mar 8, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
On Wednesday Kyrie Irving was saying he had to play through knee pain. Friday morning Cavs coach Byron Scott was saying Irving had a flu bug that had been going around the team and kept Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller out of games.
Despite it all Irving is going to suit up against the Grizzlies Friday, according to Jonathon Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal.
Kyrie Irving says he'll play… kinda feel like the ring announced in karate kid: "daniel larusso is going to fight!"—
Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) March 08, 2013
We’ll see how many minutes he gets, but Irving is going to be out there.
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 0
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58