Mar 8, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
On Wednesday Kyrie Irving was saying he had to play through knee pain. Friday morning Cavs coach Byron Scott was saying Irving had a flu bug that had been going around the team and kept Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller out of games.
Despite it all Irving is going to suit up against the Grizzlies Friday, according to Jonathon Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal.
Kyrie Irving says he'll play… kinda feel like the ring announced in karate kid: "daniel larusso is going to fight!"—
Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) March 08, 2013
We’ll see how many minutes he gets, but Irving is going to be out there.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 43
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 47
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 25
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11