Mar 8, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
On Wednesday Kyrie Irving was saying he had to play through knee pain. Friday morning Cavs coach Byron Scott was saying Irving had a flu bug that had been going around the team and kept Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller out of games.
Despite it all Irving is going to suit up against the Grizzlies Friday, according to Jonathon Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal.
Kyrie Irving says he'll play… kinda feel like the ring announced in karate kid: "daniel larusso is going to fight!"—
Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) March 08, 2013
We’ll see how many minutes he gets, but Irving is going to be out there.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65